Feeling at Home

Edited 13/3/24

Chapter Eight
Feeling At Home

Mia Ahara

I froze when I heard Leonardo’s voice. Did he hear everything I said? “How long have you been standing there?” I gasped

       “A while,” He shrugged

“Isa could you give us a minute?” Isabelle nod and went out of the room.

    “You don’t have to worry about him Mia. I’ll find him and get rid of him soon.”

     My eyes widen “Get rid of him?”

    “Don’t worry your pretty little head about it.” There was a small silence.

      “How was your day?” I inquired

    “Interesting, yours?”

     “Fun.” I told. Leonardo cupped my cheeks then kissed me. We were so heated in the moment that we didn’t hear the door being opened.

     We pulled apart when we heard Alessandra cleared her throat “Sorry to interrupt, dinner is ready.” She informed and left.

     Leonardo and I started laughing when the door closes. Lee made some funny noises in his sleep, we looked at each other and laughed some more.

    “Let’s go for dinner.” He said kissing me one more time. I love this life, I’m in love with Leo.

     Dinner that evening was filled with laughter and joy. I felt as if I’ve finally found the people that I can call family.

At this thought my mind once again drifted to my parents. Did they search for me after I ran away? Do they think about me often? I wished I could see them again, but I doubt they would want to see me again.

   As time passed by, weeks turned into months and months turned into a year. Lee turned one, he’s now one year and eight months. I realized that I has been a whole year since I’ve been free from Jacob.

      Three months ago I had a baby boy. I named him Lorenzo Elliot Aloisio. Leonardo said that we should give the baby his last name. Just like Lee, Lorenzo is a happy baby, he smiles a lot.

     Leonardo and I are so happy together. When I came to the conclusion that I was in love with him, I waited a few months before telling him. The fact that I’ve just fled from an abusive relationship held me back. I didn’t want to seem desperate. When we look into each other’s eyes, we travel to our own heaven.

    Lee, Lorenzo and I were home alone today. We went to get ice-cream during the day. After we got back I decided to play with my babies. I sat on the floor in my room we play. Lee was on his knees while Lorenzo was in my arms.

  We were laughing so hard until we heard heavy footsteps coming our way. Seeing that it was Leonardo, Lee took off running. As soon as Leonardo came through the door, Lee hugged his leg. Leo put his hand on Lee’s head and caressed it.

     “Dada.” Lee cheered. Leo kneeled on one knee before him.

     “Hey figlio, what did you do today?” He asked. ‘Figlio’ means son in Italian.

Leonardo is teaching Lee Italian, Lee started calling Alessandra ‘Nonna’ which means grandma. Leonardo said that it was best to teach him from an early age.

    “Ice-cream!” Lee told with excitement

      “You had ice-cream?” Leonardo gasped playfully. Lee nod “Did you give mommy any trouble?” Lee looked at me with his bright eyes and then shook his head ‘no’.

   “Good boy.” Leo praised

   Leonardo took Lee up and came to where I was sitting with Lorenzo. He sat beside me and place Lee on one of his leg then he took Lorenzo from me and held him.

      “Hello Piccolo.” Leo greets. When Lorenzo was born, he was really tiny so Leo started calling him ‘Piccolo’ which means ‘little one’.

    Lorenzo started giggling and kicking his feet with excitement. “That’s right daddy’s here.”

    I was sitting there feeling left out until he turned to me. His dark green eyes shone bright. “Hello love.” He greeted with a dazzling smile.

      “Hi. How was your day?” I asked

      “Tiresome.” He informed

        “I’m sorry to hear that.”

        “You can make me feel better” he smirked. He kissed me passionately, we got swept away in the moment. It turned into a small make out session until Lorenzo’s fuss separated us. I giggled and tickled him.

This is the life that I've been craving. This love and this family have become the most precious things to me. If it comes to it, I would give my life up for them.

Being with Leo has been the greatest gift . The way he loves my children makes me fall deeper in love with him. This man now owns my heart.