1

"and i was so young when i behaved twenty five (yet now i find i've grown into a tall child)"
_______

"You're old enough, surely you can handle yourself."

At a young age, Teru prided himself as very reliable and responsible. He can dress himself at the age of two, stay home alone at the age of four, cook whole buffets at the mere age of five, and clean the entire house including the bathroom at the age of seven, growing just tall enough to reach the taller appliances and notice the dust collecting on them.

His powers helped him a lot, bright yellow light with a mix of swirls of green, he was good at everything from chopping carrots to dusting off the top of the closet. Such feats were praised by many, most especially by his mom.

He was special.

The black hole

Of the

Window

Where you sleep

He could do anything and all he needed was himself.

He first told himself that when he was three and his mother accidentally left him alone in the house. It's okay, he got used to it as she did it again and again. His mother praised him again. It's okay, she knew he had powers to protect himself from burglars.

It's okay. He's okay. Everything is okay. He was special and that's all he needed.

The night breeze

Carries

Something sweet

A peach tree

She was the very first one who told him that he was special — It must be true as he was his mother. He believed it, all of it.

As she bathed him in praise, every single introduction and showing him off to friends and strangers, every single time she told him he was one-of-a-kind, his eyes twinkled with joy and he smiled brightly. He liked the praise, it proved that he was loved in return.

I love you too Mom.

Wild women don't get the blues

But I find that

Lately I've been crying like a

Tall child

The next time he could remember telling himself that he was fine on his own, he was five, alone again as an only child, with his mother away somewhere he didn't know and his dad no longer with them, he had no one to go to when his mother forgot to leave food for him, his stomach rumbling and aching, he mixed whatever was edible to him in a bowl and ate it. It was not great, but that was okay, he still got food and he had to be grateful for it.