five

Tempus edax rerum 

Time, devourer of all things  

*       *       *

NOTE: Throughout the story, there will be letters written. In order to avoid confusion, please keep in mind that letters written by Ares are italicized and letters written by Conrad are bolded

***

Ares-

Promised I would write to you everyday and here I am. I'm not a good writer- I've always been better with speaking what's on my mind, but I'll do my best for you.

First thing- how are you? How are you feeling? Don't lie to me. I can't see you but that doesn't mean I still can't tell when you're not giving me the truth.

You know anything about this new treatment? If you don't, have one of your nurses write something to me so I can understand it.

Hope everything is okay with your mom. Hope she is there for you like how you deserve.

I miss you.

-Conrad.

*

*

TO CONRAD

I found a map and looked at how far you are from Germany. It's about the length of two of my hands. I didn't think that was far, but my new nurse Heidi said there is a big ocean that people have to fly over to get to us. I don't remember flying over any water, but I was asleep a lot during the flight. Mama was next to me the whole time. I've seen her everyday so far. Mama likes Germany, and she said she was glad the new treatment is here.

I love your letters. I'm trying to keep up with them - you really are sending one everyday.

I'm feeling tired. I'm tired a lot, and sometimes I sleep the whole day and then the whole night. Heidi says my body needs a lot of rest, because the treatment is hard. I think she's right. She also said she would read my letter and help me with any mistakes I made. I'm getting better, and using a dictionary to help.

I'm not sure if the treatment is working, but Heidi says it's very early. I'll keep you updated, and let you know. Heidi also thinks you are very sweet, and she put a letter from her in here also. I didn't read it so I'm not sure what she has to say.

I'm trying to learn German also. Heidi is nice and is teaching me. She told me she lost her daughter to cancer, so she wants to make sure I'm really taken care of.

Tell Draco and Rose that I said hello and miss them.

I miss you also.

-The God of war, Ares.

*

*

To the God of war,

I got your letter. Got Heidi's note also. Tell her to keep writing to me with updates. I want to know it all. Still don't understand why we can't talk on the phone. Tell your mom I need to hear your voice to make sure you're okay. She's going to have to accept that I'm part of your life now and forever.

How are you feeling today, my warrior? What battles have you conquered without me?

Dad wanted me to send these art supplies and books to you. Mom attached her own letter.