CHAPTER 17

"Are you sure he won't suddenly shoot me in the head?" Anton quietly asks as he remains his gaze on the red-haired man who's sitting on a solo seat, a fair distance from them.

"We told you he wouldn't." Wonbin chuckles.

"How sure are you?"

"Baby boy, he's here because of me. He knows you're a close friend, and you passed dad's trust, and his name is Lee Taeyong." Daeun assured

"I don't know. I feel like I should crouch down on the table when he'll look at me next time."

The siblings laughed, and Wonbin only ruffled the younger's hair. Daeun, however, looked over her shoulder to look at Taeyong and was surprised when the man also looked at her at the same time.

She only threw a warning glare, though, to which Taeyong only replied with a small, innocent smile. Daeun clicked her tongue and faced her company again.

Daeun, Wonbin, and Anton decided to change locations—now in a chicken restaurant—to satisfy their cravings.

Of course, Taeyong followed closely behind, like it was his only life mission. Wonbin also commented that the red-haired man is very great at his job.

Soon, lunch passed by. Since the weather is mostly cloudy, the three confidently walked to the nearby park, enjoying how it has not been hot since the morning.

They played on swings, chased each other around like kids, and just generally healed their inner child.

It was one of the most memorable days, especially for Wonbin, who has never gotten this much freedom since high school. He didn't even go to a normal school and never hung out with friends outside the mafia.

In present time, the three played hide-and-seek, in which Wonbin became the seeker. Both Daeun and Anton hid in different spots, but not too far.

Taeyong is just closely eyeing them—now sparing a close look not just to Daeun but also to the other two. He suddenly felt like a babysitter as he flickered his gaze from one to another while sitting on a bench.

Wonbin let out a giggle when he finished the countdown. He loudly declared his seeking time, then skipped through pillars, corners, and playground equipment, which is possible for a hiding spot.

Daeun bit back her laughter when her brother blindly passed by her, and then, when he was at a fair distance, Daeun got up to run to the base.

"I'm safe! Stupid" yet she was cut off with a loud shooting sound and reflexively screamed

Both Wonbin and Taeyong were immediately alarmed. Taeyong ran to Daeun while pulling his gun from his belt hoop, as well as Wonbin, who looked around for the culprit.

"ANTON, HERE!" Wonbin called when he saw the younger man desperately crouching on one of the slides.

The other people had escaped the premise, and it was just a sick move to start an armed fight in a public space on a bright afternoon.

"I see them," Taeyong said on his earpiece.

"Who are they?" Daeun asked in panic.