Take Two

I got released from the hospital the following day and I mostly spent the day in bed resting. I never got a text nor a call from Hawks. I wonder if he was behind it, or if he even knew what happened to me. I had no intentions to reach out, since I had to really focus on myself. I couldn't let the people around me down and also I really can't have any rumors going around.

Returning back to work and being with the students gives me a bit of nostalgia when I was their age. They reminding me how far I have come in life. Sadly, it hasn't been a quiet week since something or someone destroyed one of the gates on campus. Myself and other professors have taken the responsibility of keeping a closer eye on security.

"How are you and Aizawa doing?" I look over at Toshinori with a blank stare waiting for him to elaborate. We were on our way to school for yet another (and hopefully) calm day. "I mean both of you were very close at the hospital. I just thought you guys rekindled or something." He was not a huge fan of Aizawa ever since he broke my heart and I understand his hatred against him. If someone broke my brother's heart, I would raise hell. "We're not together if that's what you're wondering. Honestly we haven't talked since then. I don't know what's going on inside his head and I don't know if I even want to be friends." In reality, I just don't want to be betrayed. Again. Suddenly we hear people screaming for help and I grab All Might's arm holding him back, who was ready to fly into action. "Did you forget you have a field trip today? You can't use too much of your powers you dummy! Besides, there are other heroes that will be taking care of it!" I'm not the only one in the house who needs to get their priorities straight. "I'll help for a little until the rest of the heroes show up, I promise! I'll see you at school!" All Might quickly flew away as I blew raspberries. "Show off." I tell no one as I continue my morning commute by myself.

My first morning class went smoothly working with the students from class 1-B. I went to hangout at the teachers lounge since I had an open block. To my surprise I found the person who ditched me this morning sitting on the couch. "Aren't you supposed to be at USJ?" I asked as I took a seat across from him. He didn't even look sorry, instead he was on his phone worried. "I overdid it this morning and I'm waiting to recover. I think there's something wrong. I keep calling to check on the students but my calls aren't going through." "Well I have nothing to do until lunch. If you want, I can go and check on the students. Which class is it?" "It's Class 1-A, Aizawa's class." Ugh. Suddenly the door opened and it was Principal Nezu. "Good Morning Yagi siblings! I see one of you has already exceeded their limit." He takes a seat next to me as he pours himself a cup of tea. And that's my cue to leave. "I would love to stay and chat, but I'm going to go cover and check on the students while All Might stays here to recover!" "Sounds like a wonderful idea Professor Yagi. Thank you so much for your help." Nezu smiles at me as I wave goodbye and make a quick exit avoiding my brother's angry face.

The minute I step outside the school building, I see someone running towards me. "Professor Yagi!" Ida, the class representative of 1-A who was supposed to be at USJ, is here. "Ida what is it?" I asked, examining him to make sure he isn't injured. "Our class just got attacked by real villains!" All Might was right about something being off that he was not able to get a hold of them. I felt my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach. "All Might and Principle Nezu are in the teacher's lounge. Please let them know immediately. I'm going ahead!" I pulled down from my glasses and immediately ran to where the class was. I don't even have my proper suit for fighting, so I can't just blast through the door. I guess the glass ceiling will do.

I jump up and I crash through the glass ceiling covering my face with my arms. I blink to activate my slow-motion vision to figure out what I'm dealing with. There's a big monster to the side who seems to have someone hostage but I can't see exactly who. Next to it, I see a weird  pale man covered with arms around him about to touch Tsuyu who's in the water. By Midoriya and Mineta's stress reaction I figured out who's the first person I need to take down. I clap my hands together and point with my pointer and middle finger towards the man with many hands. All the electricity was flooding into my hands ready to shoot my attack."Thunder Strike!" I yelled, shooting it towards the man. Immediately the monster stands in front of him and takes the hit instead, causing a smoke to cover by view of it. My eyes widen as the realization hits me. Impossible. Only two people can keep up with my speed. What is this monster?! I'm sure my attack got it! I turn around ready to swing a kick at it and land on him, until the smoke clears us. How?! I retreat my leg, unwilling to break it and before I can think of anything else to do, it catches me by the throat.

"Good job, Nomu. I didn't even realize we had someone else who wanted to join." The slender man approached me as I am holding on the Nomu's wrist trying not to get choked to death. Nomu smashed me into the ground face first and pulled me up by my hair making me screeched in pain. I looked down to the floor and saw my glasses broken into pieces, right next to the familiar yellow goggles I knew. Broken into pieces as well. I looked to my side and I saw Aizawa on the floor covered in blood. My whole body felt cold and I never hated myself more for failing right now. "You're not doing very much these days are you Volten? I can see how your front hair is slowly turning from silver to yellow." The man reaches to brush my hair until, "Don't you dare touch her." I turn around and see Aizawa's face covered in blood. His eyes were red meaning he has activated his erasing quirk. He was barely able to move his head up.

Suddenly the front gate crashes open drawing the villains attention towards All Might. All Might flys and punches Nomu which makes it let go of my hair. I ran to pick up Aizawa and moved to the side, letting All Might deal with the fight now. I laid him on my lap as I brushed his hair out of the way. "Look who's saving who now." I chuckle trying to lighten up the mood. Suddenly more Pro-Heroes arrive and I look over where All Might was and the villains flee the scene. "Yagi!" I turn around and I see Present Mic running towards me as his eyes laid on the man on my lap. "He needs immediate attention. Take him while I gather the rest of the students." Something about Present Mic aura was off. Almost as if he's irritated, but I don't have any time to figure out what his problem is. Aizawa is in trusted hands, help has arrived, I just now need to make sure everyone else is ok.

⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎

Luckily no one ended up with too many injuries. All Might was recovering back at UA with Midoriya. None of the other students were injured, Thirteen and Aizawa were going to recover just fine. I only suffered a small concussion, but I was good to go right away. After visiting my brother and his adoptive child, I decided to go visit Aizawa at the hospital. It's the least I can do right? I slid the door open to his room and to my surprise he wasn't alone. I look at the man on the bed who was covered up like a mummy. "Didn't know this was a costume party." Aizawa coughs as Present Mic gets up from his chair in disbelief that I cracked a joke. "Not even a laugh?" I said as he pulled me out of the room and closed the door behind us. "What's your problem?" I asked the blonde man in front of me. He's always the one who laughs and smiles but ever since I arrived he has been keeping up this cold wall. "Why are you here?" "What kind of question is that?" I cross my arms in front of my chest. "Don't you need to be with someone else? Oh, I don't know, maybe this guy with wings?" I have never felt so mad at him ever. Yes he would sometimes get on my nerves, but this? "What the fuck are you talking about?" I whispered angrily at him so we wouldn't grab other people's attention in the waiting room. "I know you're seeing Hawks, so why are you here toying with Aizawa? You can't deny it, the way he was talking to you when you first arrived. I even saw you with my own two eyes at the warehouse dancing with him." I have never and I mean ever wanted to punch him in the face this bad. He knew he had crossed the line because he took a step back seeing how irritated I was with him. "Whatever I do is none of your business and I am not going to explain myself to you." My eyes were getting glossy, and I can feel the knot in my throat now. I feel so humiliated. "Look, I just don't want Aizawa to get hurt." "And I don't want to get hurt!" I said it a bit too loud that a few people turned around to us. I looked down as I wiped my tears away with my palm. His shoulders softened at my reaction. He tried to reach for me, but I moved out of the way and decided to leave the hospital. All the memories flashed when I was a pro-hero with All-Might in California. Memories I didn't want to relive or remember. The life that made me pick up my bad habits. Will one drink really hurt?