⎯⎯ ୨ 𝐈 ୧ ⎯⎯

❢◥ ▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬ ◤❢

❢◥ ▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬ ◤❢

𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙩𝙨 𝙨𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙨. 𝙉𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙.

❢◥ ▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬ ◤❢

Carmilla's eyes shot open revealing the bloody
pools within her scleras contrasting her beautiful, shiny blue orbs. Labored pants escaped from her as she felt the poison running through her vessels awaken. With another blink, her white scleras returned. She soon sits up in the mysterious bed she was lying in. Her hand gripped the front of her face in hopes of calming down the drumming against the front of her skull.

The quiet sound of two glasses clinking against one another gains her attention. Peaking between her middler and pointer finger she saw the human woman that wasn't far from the bed she was sitting in.

The woman wore normal attire that of a village woman. She could outline the future the woman had her eyes lingering for a moment on her chest before glancing where she heard the small bump, the reassuring sound to allow other humans to know their peer is alive.

Her black dreadlocks were put up in a messy bun with a bandanna wrapped around her hair to keep it from falling giving Carmilla a clear view. Even if it did fall it wouldn't have averted Carmilla's gaze away from the pulse point of their neck.

The hunger returned home to her stomach upon spotting the woman. She didn't know why, but it felt like she hadn't eaten in centuries.

Pushing herself off the bed she staggered a bit. A soft grunt escaped from her. Her hand immediately went to grip her side where that damn warlock impaled her at.

Hearing the sound of shuffling of feet caused the human woman to start turning around. Carmilla quickly launched forward moving at a speed faster than light itself. She didn't even make it past three steps before she roughly collided with an invisible forcefield. She was bounced off the invisible wall landing back on the bed. Releasing a groan she pushed herself up off the bed again.

"What the fuck", Carmilla frowned her eyes searching for whatever stopped her from attacking. While searching she noticed she was inside what looked like the attic area of a cottage. The room was filled with pots, plants, and other clutters.

"Good, you're awake", the woman smiled. "Put this fucking shield down", Carmilla glared. "Now".

The annoyance in her tone was cold, enough to strike fear in higher IQ humans. One of the many skills a vampire possessed.

Yet, an amused smile only grew on the human's face

"Or what? You'll kill me", you scoffed turning back around to face your workstation.

Your hand skillfully mixed spices and herbs into the bottles you had littered on the wooden desk.

"It isn't wise to get smart with me", Carmilla frowned. "And it isn't wise to pass out in the middle of the forest", you retorted with a smile on your lips. "Who knows, I could've waited until the sun rose to collect your demonic ashes".

"How dar-", Carmilla went to snap but released a pained groan. Her hand flew back at her side at a speed of two magnetic connecting. You turned away from your station and started to approach her.

"The poison hasn't fully left your system yet", you stated. "Hence why that nasty little wound is still there and being a bitch", you chuckled aiming a finger at her causing her eyes to shoot daggers at you. "Whoever you pissed off really did a number on ya", you hummed taking your coat off and placing it on a nearby hook. "Or did you eat something bad".

"Shut it", Carmilla hissed. "Cranky understandable", you chuckled dryly stopping in front of the invisible forcefield dome you had around her. The runes were etched skillfully into the wooden planks to be able to remain undetected by her gaze.

Carmilla went to spit more threats but stopped when the wound pulsed. The red fiery pain spread out throughout her body like wildfire. She swore the pain felt as if the sun rose up inside of her body replacing whatever organ was closest to her side. Reluctantly, she sat back on the bed. Taking heavy breaths she tried easing the pain up the best she could.

A slight frown grew on your face upon seeing how much agony she was in.

"Get some sleep vampire", you said stepping back a bit until you were in the open center of the room. Carmilla felt a slight shift in the air prompting her eyes to flicker up to look at you.

Your eyes were now black as night resembling death itself. Similar to a crooked hand reaching out from the depths of the heel, the front of your face started to stretch forming into what she assumed was a beak. Bending forward you lowered yourself to the ground.

As you curled your body into a ball black feathers sprouted from under your brown skin. Your arms sunk down against your side becoming flat like paper. Your five-toed feet soon turned into three skinny long toes.

In front of her down on the floor now wasn't the human woman, but a crow. The crow tilted its head up at Carmilla with quick movements. The crow soon flew up and took off into the sky escaping out the window open on the slanted ceiling.

Once a few seconds passed by Carmilla released another groan, an annoyed one.

"A witch", she sighed. "...Goddamnit."

❢◥ ▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬ ◤❢