Fairy Entertaining // Chapter Three

Lexi would gingerly approach the computer store, peeking inside briefly to see what appeared to the kind of dingy computer store one would see in the 1990's. Like so many Radio Shacks, it had dark grey carpeted floors, steel shelving and black trim on the walls. She'd back away a bit to let another customer go in ahead of her, the customer carrying quite a bit of things so she gently nudged the door open for them, eliciting an appreciative nod.

She'd look inside and see a whole lot of old looking computers, although some newer ones, all on shelves, along with mice, keyboards, and various accessories. The store had a very "sterile" smell to it, which wasn't the worst thing, but she definitely feel like the new shops' demographic.

As she watched the customer ahead of her explain their computer problem to the gentleman behind the counter, she couldn't help but wonder if she had just caught a glimpse of a familiar face in the back room, which she glimpsed through a small window, behind which appeared to be where the computer repairs took place.

In a few moments, she'd be speaking to the gentleman behind the counter.

"Um ... h-hi..." Lexi stammered, "this is going to sound kind of weird but does a ... Doc ... er, Mister Hoffnung work here?"

"Um... no, but my boss' name is Trevor Hilfmann" the man behind the counter responded.

"Geez, how many names does this guy have?" Lexi mumbled under her breath

"Hmm?"

"N-Never mind ..." Lexi replied shyly.

By this time, the mysterious computer technician in the back had already noticed the inquisitive young lady and was taking a pause from his work to peer over again from the tech window.

"W-Would it be ... possible maybe ... for me to ... see him?" Lexi asked, folding her arms and trying to look as shy as possible to perhaps sway her chances

"I don't know, Miss ... he's been pretty busy lately ..."

"Um... it's okay" Trevor 'Hilfmann' said, stepping out from behind his reclusive area and waving Lexi in, "she's a ... friend of the family"

Lexi blushed and nodded, walking past the salesman and continuing on into the back room.

Once there she saw an array of computer monitors, desktops, laptops and really the kind of stuff you'd expect to see in a computer repair shop. Upon closer inspection though, she also saw some more ...unorthodox gizmos. A couple even looked similar to the robots she had faced at the winter carnival, although a bit smaller and thankfully deactivated.

"So you uh ... work here now?" Lexi asked awkwardly, not really sure where to begin.

Trevor Hoffnung (assuming that was his real name) had helped her greatly. He provided her intel on the nefarious Enormo Enterprises, a company in town that still remained shady and infamous for whatever it is they did. The most recent scandal tied to the company came in the form of a vicious and nearly deadly attack at the pier's annual winter carnival in which a large metallic monster unleashed its wrath. Thankfully Lexi (and by proxy, a vixen by the name of Roxie) had been there to stop the attack but it only raised further suspicions on the strange company that had been known to be working with Nanites before. All that was in the not so distant past though, and Lexi was more curious than ever to see what Dr. H had been up to since.

"So... Dr. H... what have you been up to since ... everything?" the inquisitive Lexi asked

"Heh, well while it is true I do have a doctorate, I go by Hilfmann now" Trevor answered

"Yeah I noticed that ... old family name or ...?"

"Protection" Trevor replied, now taking Lexi a bit deeper into the repair room of the Aztek Parts and More shop. "I'm not naive to the fact that Dr. Mumford has trackers out there somewhere... I've triple inspected my car and thankfully found nothing but that doesn't mean I'm out of range ..."