Cat and Mouse: Part 2

Not knowing about the events that just happened in the control room, IVE and ITZY continue duking it out in the arena, and just as Chaeryeong predicted, Ryujin and Yuna were easily making through their side of the battlefield.

"Yujin-unnie? I thought you were on the attack with Wonyoung-unnie." Liz says coming out of her hiding spot when she sees their leader walking around midfield calling their names.

"Oh, Liz, there you are! We had a change of plans. We found out they were sending four members on offense, so I led them away while Wonyoung snuck around the mountain edge." Ryujin, disguised as Yujin, replies. While this was going on though, Yuna was teleporting from rock to rock right by the defense.

"It would be so much easier to just make one big jump to their flag.." She thinks to herself, still unhappy with the special rule change made for her.

High in the sky above though, Leeseo sees the black-haired girl and calls out to her teammate.

"Liz-unnie! Someone just got by!" She shouts. The maknae tries to dive towards Yuna, but as Sakura had noted, her flight control still needed a bit of work. It wasn't so much a dive, but a controlled fall.

"You hear that, unnie? Someone got through!" Liz says before she is quickly tripped and pinned to the ground by Ryujin.

"Yujin-unnie, what are you doing??" The blonde girl asks as the puppy transforms back into Ryujin who had a sly smile on her face.

"Rule number one of this special ops business: not everything is as it seems." The short-haired girl says. Liz responds by phasing into the ground which causes Ryujin's face to hit the granite.

"Okay...nice move." She says as she rubs her nose.

"I can do a lot more than that!" Liz then pops up from the ground and takes a swing at the veteran spy who easily dodges the attack.

Ryujin throws a jab back, but the blonde girl changes her body density such that Ryujin's attacks went right through her.

Meanwhile, Yuna had finally made it to the flag area where Gaeul and Rei were waiting. The younger girl had heard the commotion and already prepared a metal javelin she'd molded from the mountain iron ore which she threw right at Yuna.

The black-haired girl teleports out of the way towards a stone wall, but just as she thought she was in the clear, the wall she was leaning on dissolves thanks to Gaeul. This gives Rei another opening to blast some iron shurikens towards Yuna, but again, the ITZY member manages to avoid them.

"Girls, I'm here!" Leeseo calls suddenly from the air, and that gives Yuna an idea. She teleports right onto the IVE maknae's back and steers her flight right towards her Gaeul and Rei.

When the dust cleared, the three were knocked over like bowling pins leaving no one guarding the flag.

"Too easy." Yuna quips before teleporting to Ryujin who was surprisingly still having trouble with Liz.

"C'mon, unnie. I have the flag, let's go!" At this, Ryujin finally gets serious. While fighting Liz, she noticed that the blonde girl couldn't keep herself phased for too long. The short-haired girl then waits for the right opening, faking a punch that causes Liz to phase. The second she solidified again, Ryujin struck with a perfectly timed roundhouse kick.

"Rule number two of the special ops business: Always study your opponent's moves." The older girl says, and with that, she and Yuna make their way towards the goal line.

~~~~

Back on Yujin's side, she'd finally found the flag area and was in a 1v2 against Yeji and Lia. The puppy had initially thought her water would easily beat out Yeji's fire, but she was mistaken. The ITZY leader's flames were so powerful that they were just enough to turn all of Yujin's water blasts into steam. She'd fought a cloned version of Yeji back on Jeju Island, but it was clear the original had strengthened herself in the past year.