Mcgonagall's tale

"Ok, so here it is" Mcgonagall smiled, as she took a sip from her mug, ready to start telling the story

"I'm going to start with the part you saw in the memory, so every evening I sit in my office and read books about all the stuff. And that evening was no different, there I was, reading all the books when I heard her knock. So I opened it, and I saw Lestrange."

"Professor, so you did know that she was Lestrange, not Letsrage." Rosie said.

"I wasn't sure though, no one can be sure. I was suspicious, yes. Then she forced me to give out a memory, my idea was confirmed. I knew that I'd never beat her in a battle, so I kind of try to drag the conversation to make it as long as possible. She can never know who the last person to use that time turner was, if I'll be putting the world in danger if I tell her that."

"So you did know then, who it was."

"That's correct."

"Who was it? I mean it doesn't really matter but just-"

"Curiosity is normal Rosie, I will answer you. The last person to use that time turner was Hermione Granger, in other words, your mother."

"My mum? why would she need a time turner?"

"Oh, her purpose was like the complete opposite to Lestrange's. She used the time turner to study, so she can go to two different classes during the same period of time."

"Woah, that must be tiring." Rosie couldn't even imagine that, after a whole day of classes she was always exhausted, and there was her mother, taking double amount of that. 

"Yes, it most definitely was. Anyway, back to my story, I didn't tell her it was your mother because I didn't want her to go after you."

Rosie was confused, if it was her mother that opened the time turner why would Lestrange want to go after her? 

"I know what you're thinking, the time turner can be opened both by the last person using it and by their direct relative. Like children, or grandchildren."

"oh! So that's why. But Professor, on the first day of school-" Rosie told Mcgonagall about the crystal and how Lestrange tortured Al and how she was forced to make the unbreakable vow to not tell anyone. 

"The stone, I believe, was the Ipseity Stone. It recognizes the people the last touched the object it is appointed. So I think that Lestrange gave the time turner to the stone, and so when you touched it, the time turner appeared." 

"Then why would Lestrange ask you about the memory? Didn't she test me with the stone already?" 

Mcgonagall smiled and said "Lestrange was a very smart person, and maybe because of that, she didn't trust the stone. If she go after you and you ended up being the wrong person, it just makes the whole thing even more difficult." 

Rosie finally understood, so may mysterious actions, so many questions unanswered and now she was slowly absorbing all the answers that was given by Mcgonagall. 

"I suppose I should continue with my tale, so, when I was trying to distract Lestrange, I did something that normal people can't. I extracted a memory from my hand, instead of my head. It'd be obvious what I was doing if I did it normally and Lestrange would've stopped me, I didn't know I could do that then. I kind of just tried, and worked. Luckily I usually have a memory bottle kept inside my robe and it was put into use"

"Professor, I saw you dropping the small bottle into the flower pot on your table. But I found it in a different flower pot. Why is that?" Rosie asked curiously

"The two pots are actually twins, they were made with the same material and they both contain seed of the same plant. So when you drop something into one of them, it appears in the other. Which was actually, quiet useful."