𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆

spring. the smell of fresh leaves. the light cool wind on my face. 

stepping down from the plane, bags in hand. i watch the sun rise slowly from underneath the clouds. the most beautiful warm orange you'd ever see. i loved north carolina. 

i used to vacation here every few years as a child, and i still can't get sick of it. the sea salt on my skin after a dip in the water, the neighbourhood lunches. it was perfect.

after going through security and grabbing my luggage, i look for morgan who's stood at the arrivals. sign in hand with "tate tabak" written in bold. didn't miss that, that's for sure. 

the drive to the hotel was relaxing, morgan gave me bluetooth and he even let me play taylor swift. which was an absolute first, and probably last time it'd ever happen. i sat there, legs crossed glancing out the window. watching the sun rise atop of me, and the clouds disperse across the sky. 

the sea salt smell of the beach infiltrated my nose, and the wind brushed through my hair as we reached the hotel drive way. a large gate opened upon our arrival, with cars following behind us. 

a elderly guy opened my door, with his hand reached out to mine he smiled "welcome to bronze beach hotel and spa". his smile was warm, genuine. it made me happy. 

following him up to my room, he hands me my key card. "room 376, best view in the hotel. you're father told us you were coming and asked for the best view" he smiles again, "enjoy your stay miss tabak" he says before leaving. 

i unlock my room door, only to find a large bouquet of peonies and roses on the table, along with a box of chocolates. i push my suitcase into the corner, and move my nose to the flowers. 

they're beautiful. 

a few seconds later is a knock on my door, i suspect it's the doorman. maybe he forgot something. unlocking the door, i push it open and find my father stood there with a wide smile on lathered on his face. 

he embraces me into possibly the worlds tightest hug, i swear i couldn't breathe for almost a minute "my gosh have you grown" he laughs while taking my appearance in. i laugh "dad you saw me three months for my birthday remember?". 

"yes, yes but three months is too long my girl" he hugs me again.

"now when your finished unpacking, the cast and i are hosting a party tonight and i want you to come" he speaks again, he looks like a puppy. 

it's about 7am in north carolina at the moment, meaning i have the next ten hours to do whatever i want. 

i open my hotel balcony door, and the wind comes rushing in. the sea breeze filters through my room, brushing the beige curtains along the way. i take a look around my room. it's beautiful. 

king bed with sage green sheets, crown moulding across the top of the walls. the sandy brown paint. and filled with succulents, my guilty pleasure. 

the bathroom was the most beautiful thing i'd ever seen. 

a insanely sized walk-in shower, with a garden bath tub right beside it. marble plastered over the entire room. metre long mirrors scattered across the room. a vanilla rose candle sat beside the bath, along with amber bath salts and hair products. i was in love. 

i slip my romper down my legs, leaving my body naked. i quickly run my brush through my hair before stepping into the shower. i swear you could fit a whole football team in here. i run my fingers through my now wet hair, and watch as the sun shimmers through the sky light above me.

i run my hands over my body with the body wash that was provided in the room, the perfect amber and vanilla scent. steam spreads all over the room, fogging up the mirror and shower glass.