𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐

"i don't know lace, he left. like what the hell am i suppose to do?"

after the beach situation this morning, i went back to my room and called my best friend lacey. we studied together at juilliard, and quickly became best friends. we lived together for a few years before my mothers diagnosis.

"i don't know tay, go to the concierge or something maybe he's staying there too?" she tries to help, as much as she tries to i just can't take it in. last time i pursued someone, i got hurt, badly.

"yeah i'll just go to the front desk and be like yo is there a logan staying here?" she shrugs her shoulders over the call, i sigh in defeat. one hour with this man and i'm infatuated.

"i don't know lace, but it's 3 so i have to go but i'll talk later, love you".

----

it's currently 5pm as i start getting ready for tonight, my outfit laid across my bed, and my makeup scattered over my bed. i sync my phone to my speaker, sza playing in the background.

i start blending my foundation into my skin, allowing it to sink in. next i apply my liquid blush and contour.

after i finish setting my makeup, i slip into my black mini skirt and red corset. along with my leather jacket and knee high boots.

i walk back into the bathroom, removing the curlers from my hair before lightly running the brush through them.

i quick spritz myself with perfume before leaving for the party.

the elevator doors open, and i'm met with two ladies. one holding a champagne and another taking my purse. i search the room for my father, in which i find him speaking to a blonde, similar to my age.

i tap him on the shoulder, causing him the look around to me. embracing me in a hug, he introduces me to the group he's with, "tate, this josephine, archie, maggie and sara". i shake hands with each other, miles keeps our hands together for second longer then others. he's very good looking, like too good looking.

"you can just call me jo" the blonde says, to which i smile.

jo and i end up spending the next fifteen minutes speaking of acting, and this new movie they're about to film. she speaks to me about "after", how she's just finished filming the last one. and how it's such a relief.

"let me introduce you to every one else" she drags across the room, "guys, this is tate, matthew's daughter" she introduces me to three other people. people who call themselves, andi, amalia and patrick. andie i recognise from other films.

"what brings you to charlotte?" patrick asks me, my father joins me as i begin to answer "just here to spend time with this old guy" i shoulder my dad, resulting to him scoffing and rolling his eyes toward me. the group laugh, "where's my zach?" jo asks the group, to which they all say "they're unsure".

my father drags me all over the party, pretty sure i've met every one, including the waiters.

"i have to make my toast, but sit here and i'll be back" he leaves me with joe, who pulls out a seat for me next to her. i watch as my father strides through the crowd and to the main part of the room, grabbing the microphone.

he grabs everyone's attention while tapping his drink into the mic. "i just wanted to thank everyone for attending tonight", he begins to thank the whole cast and crew, one by one.

i gaze my eyes around the room, observing everyone around me. until my eyes fixate on him. logan, i watch him from across the room. him watching my father, smiling at his friends as they're talking to him. from so far across the room, i can still see his dimples.

it doesn't take long for my father to finish speech and drag me to meet more people.

after a few more rounds, my father quickly races to another man. a ratherly tall figure in the corner, stood with jo and archie. my father taps him on the shoulder, i watch as he turns around and my face drops. logan.

"this is my daughter, she'll be here for the next few months with us" my father says, logan and i stand there. gazing at another, i fake a smile "i'm tate, and you are?" i reach my hand out. he smirks, reaching his hand to mine "call me drew darling".

what the fuck is going on?

i display a frazzled look, as drew continues that annoying smirk.

we stay in a deafening silence until my father leaves us to "talk". i quickly yank drew's hand up the stairs, turning us into the first door i can see. pushing him in, i close the door behind.

"sorry, but i don't have sex on the first date" he laughs from behind me, i quickly turn to find us in a bedroom. of course i took us into a bedroom.

i sigh, and roll my eyes "i didn't know this was a bedroom". he laughs, looking around the freshly cleaned room "sure you didn't love". 

"so drew, you're an actor" i emphasise his name, his smirks as he continues to touch everything "yeah, i'm sorry about that". shrugging my shoulders, i join him in the bathroom. we both admire the marble walls "just wanted a normal day, a day where i'm not drew starkey actor. so i used my brothers name", i suddenly feel bad for him. silence feels the room, it's deafening. 

"well you're welcome" i giggle, he looks me up and down. a small smile on his face, he's checking me out. 

i embrace his appearance, his bulked arm muscles, peering through his shirt. his veiny hands, and god that cologne. we take a few steps closer to each other. we had only met once before and only for an hour but there was an attraction there, a connection. 

i stop my trance and hold out my hand "so drew, friends?".

he takes my hand back "friends".