Car crash - Yoongi

Requested by: anonymous
TW: Blood, Surgery, Medical treatment, Hospitalisation

Min Yoongi, known as Suga of BTS, had a grueling day ahead of him. He was scheduled for a solo photoshoot, an endeavor that demanded his time and energy. The sun had already set by the time the shoot concluded, leaving him exhausted but relieved.

As Yoongi stepped out of the studio, he was greeted by the biting cold of Seoul's winter. His loyal staff member and driver, Jihun, had been waiting patiently in the car. "Long day, huh?" Jihun commented as Yoongi settled into the passenger seat. Yoongi nodded, his voice laced with fatigue. "Yeah, but it's over now. Let's get back to the dorm." They set off on their journey, luckily there was no traffic as it was already late in the eveningAs they waited at a traffic stoplight, Yoongi yawned and gazed out of the window, unaware of the impending disaster.

Suddenly, screeching tires and the blaring sound of a horn snapped him back to reality. A speeding car had run the red light and was about to collide with their vehicle. Yoongi's first instinct was to make sure Jihun was safe. He turned to his driver, his voice filled with urgency, "Jihun, get down!" The older man's instincts kicked in, and he obeyed Yoongi's command, crouching down in his seat. At the same time, Yoongi used his body to shield his driver, pushing himself off his seat and bracing for the inevitable impact. The moment felt like an eternity, yet it happened in a split second.

The collision was brutal, the front of their car crumpling inward, absorbing most of the impact. The airbags deployed, the sound of shattering glass echoed, and pain seared through Yoongi's body. He knew he had been seriously injured, but he had saved Jihun.

---

The street was eerily quiet after the crash. Yoongi felt disoriented as he was pulled out of the wrecked car.  His vision was blurred, and he looked around, trying to make sense of what had just happened.

He asked Jihun, "What... what happened?" Jihun, still in shock, replied, "A car drove into us, Yoongi." Panic started to set in as they realized the gravity of the situation.

As Yoongi attempted to sit up, searing pain shot through his stomach and head. He gasped, clutching his abdomen, then cursed loudly, "Argh, shit, it hurts!"

Jihun gently laid him back down, "Don't move Yoongi! You need to stay still, you're bleeding alot". The adrenaline was masking the extent of Yoongi's injuries. He grimaced as the driver pressed on the large, bleeding wound on his stomach and whispered, "It hurts so much. I feel dizzy." Desperation filled the driver's eyes as he saw Yoongi close his own. He tapped on  Yoongi's shoulder and shouted, "Don't fall asleep, Yoongi! You need to stay awake!" But despite his efforts, Yoongi lost consciousness.

Jihun knew he needed help, and he hurried back into the damaged car to find Yoongi's cellphone. His own phone had been shattered in the collision.With trembling hands, he searched the car, first in Yoongi's seat and then on his side. Finally, he spotted Yoongi's cellphone near the accelerator and breathed a sigh of relief as it still worked.

He dialed the emergency services number and explained the dire situation. The driver continued applying pressure to Yoongi's wound as they waited for help.

---

Ten agonizing minutes passed before the sound of sirens filled the air. The paramedics rushed to the scene. They checked Yoongi's pulse and tried to rouse him. Jihun, his voice tense, informed them that Yoongi had been unconscious for a while.The paramedics quickly administered an IV line to Yoongi and carefully loaded him onto a stretcher before transporting him into the waiting ambulance.

Jihun, who had sustained only minor injuries, also climbed into the ambulance and received medical attention. As they raced to the hospital, Jihun used Yoongi's phone to call the company and then the other members of BTS.

Jin answered, his voice full of concern, "Yoongi, where are you? We've been trying to reach your driver and he doesn't answer! Is everything okay, we were so worried. " Taking a deep breath, Jihun replied, "I'm not Yoongi. I'm Jihun, his driver, and I need to tell you that we're at the hospital. We were in a car accident. Yoongi protected me and got badly injured. He's currently undergoing surgery. I'm so sorry." Through the phone, the driver could hear the shock and worry in the voices of Jin. His voice trembling, asked, "In which hospital are you at." Jihun told him the hospital name, and upon receiving the information, he relayed the news to the rest of the group.

They immediately made their way to the hospital. The members, looking anxious and exhausted, gathered in the waiting room.

The members sat in the hospital waiting room, anxiously discussing their friend's condition. Jin paced back and forth, his phone still clutched tightly in his hand. "This is taking too long. I can't believe this happened," he muttered. Namjoon tried to reassure him, saying, "Yoongi's a fighter. He'll pull through. The doctors are doing everything they can." Jungkook had a solemn expression on his face. "I can't believe he protected the driver like that. He's always looking out for others." Jimin nodded in agreement, his voice filled with emotion. "That's just the kind of person he is. We need to be there for him now." Taehyung chimed in, "When he wakes up, he's gonna scold us for worrying too much."

---

Every small noise from the corridor made them jump, hoping it was news about Yoongi.

After nearly three hours, a doctor emerged from the operating room. With a weary smile, the doctor informed them, "The surgery went well, but he lost a significant amount of blood, and he sustained a severe head injury. We can't predict when he'll wake up, but he's a strong individual, and we're amazed he's still with us after such a terrible accident."

Jin, his eyes filled with tears, asked the doctor. " Can we see Yoongi?" The doctor nodded, and they followed him to Yoongi's room. As they entered, they saw Yoongi lying unconscious in the hospital bed, surrounded by beeping machines and tubes.

---

Hours turned into days, and the atmosphere in the room grew heavier.  The members took turns sitting with Yoongi, talking to him even if he wasn't awake,

Finally, on the fourth day, Yoongi showed signs of stirring. Jungkook, who was at his side, noticed it first. "Guys, he's moving!" The rest of the group rushed over as Yoongi slowly opened his eyes. His gaze was unfocused at first, but then he recognized his friends. Weakly, he whispered, "Hey, guys." Tears welled up in Jin's eyes as he said, "You had us so worried, Yoongi." Yoongi managed a weak smile. "Sorry about that. Guess I'm not invincible, huh?" The members laughed through their tears, relieved that Yoongi was awake and his humor was intact.

The doctor came in to check on Yoongi and confirmed that he was stable. "You've got a long road to recovery, but you're going to be okay," he said.

---

Two weeks passed, and Yoongi made remarkable progress. He was released from the hospital, and as they walked out of the hospital, Yoongi, still a bit weak but determined, said, "I can't thank you all enough for being here for me. I wouldn't have made it without you. And also the food here is disgusting. " Jin patted his back and replied, "We would never let you down. And you're right, but once we are at home. I'm making your favorite dish."

Namjoon added, "But you need to know that we are gonna be very strict, with not going to your studio. Because you need to rest." Yoongi smiled, "Thank you guys, so much." He said, and then they went home.