Sudden Flu - Taehyung

Requested by: jugglingzxs
TW: Vomit, Needles

Taehyung tossed and turned in bed, beads of sweat forming on his forehead as a sudden wave of nausea hit him. Panic set in as he realized he wouldn't make it to the bathroom in time. Vomiting his dinner onto the floor, he was startled when Jimin, his roommate, switched on the lights."Taehyung! What happened?" Jimin exclaimed, rushing to his side. After helping him back into bed, Jimin felt Taehyung's burning forehead, concern etched across his face.

Jimin gently pressed his hand to Taehyung's forehead, and the heat radiating from it made his eyes widen. "You're burning up," he said, concern lacing his voice. Brushing Taehyung's sweaty hair back, he added, "I'll go get Jin hyung. Don't worry, I'll be right back."

With that, Jimin hurried out of the room and into the one, where Jin and Yoongi were asleep. He burst through the door,   causing a stir. "Wake up, Jin hyung! Taehyung is really sick," he exclaimed urgently, his worry evident. Yoongi grumbled at being disturbed, but Jin immediately snapped awake. "What's going on?" Jin questioned, rubbing sleep from his eyes. "Taehyung is sick, like really sick. He's vomiting, and his forehead is burning. We need to do something," Jimin explained, anxiety in his eyes.

Yoongi, still groggy from sleep, complained, "What the hell, Jimin? I'm sleeping." Ignoring Yoongi's protest, Jimin persisted, "Taehyung is feeling very bad, and you're thinking about sleeping? I can't believe it!"

Jin wasted no time. He grabbed a thermometer and followed Jimin back to the room. Taehyung was now asleep, but Jin carefully took his temperature. "102.4," Jin murmured, exchanging a worried glance with Jimin.

Jimin placed a wet cloth on Taehyung's forehead. Jin instructed, "Wake me up if something happens. Tomorrow, we're taking him to the doctor."

The next morning, Taehyung insisted he was better, but the pallor on his face told a different story. At breakfast, the lively Taehyung was conspicuously quiet, drawing concerned looks from his friends.

Jin looked up from his plate, his gaze stern. "You're going to the doctor today. I've made an appointment for you."Taehyung's eyes widened with fear, and Namjoon, sensing his distress, reassured, "Don't worry, I'll come with you. It won't be that bad, just an investigation."Despite Namjoon's comforting words, Taehyung remained uneasy. His anxiety was palpable, evident in the way he fidgeted at the breakfast table. Namjoon shot him a reassuring smile, attempting to ease his nerves.

Jungkook, with his mouth full of cereal, declared, "I'm coming with you!" prompting a scolding from Jin.

"Don't talk with food in your mouth, and especially don't scream," Jin chided." Sorry, hyung," Jungkook replied sheepishly.

---

Despite the day off, the atmosphere in the Bangtan dorm was far from relaxed. Two hours after breakfast, Taehyung, accompanied by Namjoon and Jungkook, reluctantly headed to the doctor.

When they arrived, Taehyung hesitated to go out of the car, but Jungkook gently pulled him out. Taehyung, visibly anxious, insisted, "No, I don't want this. I want to go back!"

Jungkook again, pulled him easily, because of his weakened state, insisting, "You're coming with us. You're not well; even a mole could see that." He added silently, "Can they even see?"

---

In the waiting room, Taehyung's anxiety was palpable.
He fidgeted in his seat, looking around nervously. Namjoon tried to reassure him, "Everything is going to be okay. Don't worry too much, Tae. We are here for you." Jungkook nodded in agreement and offered, "I'm going to hold your hand if you want."