prologue

YOUR HEART HAS NEVER
raced this fast in all your years of living. Nearly struggling to catch your breath, you run up the stairs, two at a time, almost tripping over your own feet.

Zoey jumps when you burst through the door, her head turning away from the TV and towards you, her eyes widening with surprise.

"What's wrong?" she asks, concern etched on her face.

You struggle to find the words, your voice trembling as you manage to gasp out, "I...I lost Coco."

You lift up the leash, its end dangling limply from your hand. Zoey's eyes follow your gaze to the empty space where Coco should have been.

"What? How did you lose Coco?"

Zoey's face instantly changes from surprise to worry, her brows furrowing as she stands up from the couch.

"I don't know," you stammer, tears welling up in your eyes.

"I turned around for a moment, and then she was gone. I've been searching everywhere, but I can't find her."

"Fucking hell, Y/N." Your girlfriend mutters under her breath.

She quickly grabs her own coat and keys, ready to join in the search. "Can you not do one thing right?"

Zoey's frustration is clear in her voice as she scolds you, her disappointment adding to your already overwhelming guilt.

"Zo, I'm—"

The front door slams behind Zoey, leaving you standing alone in the empty apartment. You understand her anger and frustration.

Coco was a gift from your late mother; she always adored the fact that you and Zoey had feelings for one another, ever since you were younger.

And she thought it would be a great idea to get you a pet to solidify your bond. But now, with Coco missing, you can't help but feel like you've let down both Zoey and your mother's memory.

IMESSAGES

gossip girls

gossip girls

olivia

guys i just found someones dog...

well actually
the dog kinda found me
it just ran up to me
well HE ran up to me

conan
omg
do u see the owner anywhere by

olivia
nope
i see no distraught dog owners

maddi
does it have a collar

iris
HE!* HEEe

maddi
does HE have a collar

olivia
wait
HE does

brb im gonna to call the number
his name is coco by the way

conan
AWWWW

iris
we would like to see
a photo of coco

maddi
yes
yes we would

olivia
photo)

the number went
straight to voicemail 😕

conan
coco is now yours liv

iris
HES SO CUTEEEE

maddi
COCO IF DEF NOT URS NOW LIV
DO NOT LISTEN TO CONAN

conan
MF 🤨🤨
YES LISTEN TO ME

olivia
🧍‍♀️
im gonna post the doggie
and ask who's it is
just in case they may follow me!

maddi
liv...ur gonna give someones dog
away to a rando 😭😭

iris
i was just about to say

someone is def gonna be like
"that's my dog" and its not
gonna be their dog

conan
take off the collar

and if they know coco's name
then its proof

olivia
yes yes
okay

oliviarodrigo just posted a story.