History of the Primes

Hey everyone. In Beast Wars Prime I mentioned that I was going to have Arcee teach the Maximals about the history of Cybertron and the war. A few points brought up in them are going to be plot points in the story. Problem was I couldn't get it to organically fit it into the main story. Hence, a side series. This chapter takes place about an hour or so before chapter 22 in Beast Wars Prime (Masters and Mentors). Please, enjoy.

Arcee swallowed nervously. It had been a long time since she'd taught a class. However, with the new Maximals in the group knowing nothing of the war that led to their circumstances. Not to mention the original ones only knowing the basics meant some lessons in Cybertronian history were now in order.

She'd found an empty storeroom on the ship and had repurposed it into her new classroom. She'd even managed to make desks for herself and the Maximals to sit at and even added a few human sized seats when June commented that she'd like to sit in as well. Afterwards she hit up Rewind for some reference materials and the human sized Autobot archivist was only too happy to oblige. What really surprised her was an early edition copy of the Covenant of Primus. When she asked Rewind commented that it was one of the few surviving copies that reportedly held the story of the thirteen that was the most accurate. Most others had been destroyed with the rise of the senate.

What she didn't expect however was for three of the Lost Lights' crew to join the kids for her classes. Nautica, Lightbright, and Velocity had signed up once they'd overheard Jack talking to Depthcharge about it. Having been forged on Caminus, the trio of femmes knew nothing about what led to the fall of Cybertron. Not to mention the fact that, according to them, some of the story of the thirteen and the social customs were different on the colony world as well.

"Morning everyone, and welcome to Cybertronian History 101." Arcee spoke as she eyed her assembled students. This included the six Maximals, the three Camins, and June who was seated off to the side. Depthcharge, who'd actually lived through the war on Cybertron and knew their species history, would be sitting out their lessons in favor of training. "Full disclosure, most of my source material for this lesson comes from an original copy of the covenant of Primus provided by Rewind."

She took a breath. "For our first lesson." Arcee started. "We will go back to the very beginning of the Cybertronian race. Primus, and his battle against Unicron." There was a moment of silence at the chaos bringers' name. Only a handful of beings in the room knew that Unicron was the planet right beneath their feet.

"In the beginning." Arcee began. "There were twin beings of equal and opposite power, Primus the keeper of order and light, and Unicron the bringer of chaos and destruction."

Raf raised a hand. "If they were equal and opposite, how'd they end up as enemies?" He asked.

Arcee looked at him and smiled. "To put it simply Raf, it was in their nature. Primus desired to create and foster life in the universe whereas Unicron wanted to consume all life, including his twin. Unfortunately, they were too evenly matched and this resulted in an eternal stalemate"

"To end their fight, Primus decided to remove himself from the conflict altogether." She continued. "To fight in his place, he created thirteen beings by combining various elements of both himself, and his twin. This introduced new variety and options for the fight against Unicron. Those beings are the ones we know now as the original thirteen Primes." Looking up, Arcee saw she now had everyones' undivided attention.

Arcee tapped a button on a holographic display on her desk, showing a white mech with white light emanating from him. In his left hand he held the Star Saber tough nobody knew it yet. "The first of the Primes, and most like Primus was Prima. A warrior of light and virtue."