A Brief History of the War and the Fall

Okay, I let this one slide a little too long. I'll keep this quick, here's the next chapter of lessons learned. A brief history of the War and Fall of Cybertron. FYI this Chapter takes place right before the events of chapter 25 of Beast Wars Prime.

Arcee gathered her notes for her lesson. Today she was going to be going over the highlights of the war for Cybertron. There were some things that she knew that had been hinted at, and others that would take her students by surprise. She was also mildly annoyed with Ultra Magnus. She'd wanted to check if there were any subjects from her notes that were still top secret and he kept giving her the brush off.

Looking up, she saw the Maximals enter and join the Camians and June who'd arrived a few minutes earlier. Thankfully they didn't seem too exhausted from their training.

"Welcome back. Now before we begin, does anyone have any questions about our last lessons?" She asked out of habit. Seeing Nauticas' hand in the air she called on her.

"How did Cybertron become so bad that it had to be abandoned. I mean, the war couldn't have gone that badly." She asked.

Arcee closed her optics and nodded her head. "The war played a huge part of it, but the biggest problem was caused by Megatron." She explained. "I think I better start from where we left off."

She opened her optics and surveyed the room. "A scant few days after Optimus was named Prime and Megatron severed ties with him, the Decepticons launched a series of coordinated attacks to strike at both the upper castes, and the senate."

Arcee activated the hologram projector to show a group shot of the senate. A second click blacked out all but a half dozen of the senators, including Shockwave. "Several groups of Decepticons around the planet launched a purge of the senate. Most of whom were dragged from their homes before being brutally executed. The few that survived are the ones who told us the full scope of their wrongdoing."

The screen changed again. This time it was what looked like an amusement park that was now burning and crumbling. "Another group swarmed the park Six Lasers over Cybertron." This caused a snort from both Jack and Vince.

"Sorry." Jack explained earnestly as he realized the others were staring at them. "But after the lesson, you might want to look up Earth amusement parks." He finished, thinking about Six Flags in Pheonix when he'd gone there with his mom as a kid.

Arcee shook her head. "I'll consider it, but the amusement park had long been a preserve for the elite for so long it became a status symbol. Destroying it was a way for Megatron to show that nowhere was safe."

Clearing her throat, Arcee continued. "The third attack was also a way to secure a base of operations. While Kaon was the Decepticon capitol, Megatron still feared that Vigilem would turn against them should he awaken. So, he detonated and explosive within the titan, snuffing his spark and depriving us of a potential ally."

"You mean he killed a titan? Just on a hunch?" Velocity was aghast. On Caminus, the titans were every bit as revered and worshiped as the thirteen primes. To kill one would be considered sacrilege.

"Unfortunately, yes." Arcee admitted. "However, the final attack ended up being the prelude of things to come."

Arcee looked at the class. "The last attack was at the Altihex casino. This was chosen because Sentinel Prime was attending a comedy performance there that night. He had believed himself to be untouchable. So, you can imagine his surprise when his lead bodyguard led him right to Megatron."

"Who was his bodyguard?" Raf asked. Arcee clicked the image again, causing the hologram to change to a very familiar looking mech, causing the original three Maximals and June to do a double take.