The Golden Age

Hello again everyone. Welcome to the next chapter for Lessons Learned. Now, as I said in the beginning of Beast Wars Prime, I am trying to blend the aligned and IDW histories into a cohesive timeline for my stories. This will probably be where the merger is most obvious. Having said that, I hope you enjoy it.

Arcee sighed as she waited for the last of her class to show up. Jack would be there in a minute after the last of the paint was dispersed. June had already told her that she wouldn't be able to make it due to a doctor's appointment. The question however, would be how long it would take until Miko was released from Ultra Magnus' clutches.

With Rungs' therapy and lots of work, the humans turned Maximals were starting to recover from their ordeals. Miko, for the first time in months, played a prank. Unfortunately, it was after she figured out how to do a temporary electro static paintjob. She painted Jacks' fur to make him look like something called a 'Liger Zero'. Something to do with his beast mode which he fell asleep in.

The Protectobots also fell victim to her paint prank. After finding out that the five search and rescue bots were now a combiner team, Miko decided to help them 'look the part'. Going by something called 'Go-Go Five', she gave them a new paintjob. While Hotspot, Streetwise, Blades and Rook were only mildly annoyed at her prank, First Aid had been furious at waking up pink. The six were currently using a disperser shower to fade the paint.

"Come on Jackrabbit, you looked cute in white." Miko teased as she and Jack entered the classroom. Jack was still a little wet from the disperser.

"I'm still gonna get you back for that Miko." Jack retaliated. "The Protectobots may have agreed not to prank you back, but I didn't." He got them to agree to it by offering to prank his girlfriend himself on all their behalf's.

"Good luck with that." Miko taunted playfully.

"Take your seats so we can get started." Arcee cut in with a shake of her head. "Now, as usual, does anyone have any questions about our last lesson?" She asked. Seeing Rafs' hand in the air she pointed to him.

"I know Nova Prime died, but what happened to D-16?" He asked. He was curious about the 'accidental' hero of the revolution.

Arcee grimaced. "That will be towards the end of today's lesson." She began. "For now, we move on from the Age of Wrath, to Cybertrons' golden age. An eight thousand cycle age of expansion and advances. Albeit some crucial ones didn't occur." She added bitterly.

Cutting off any potential questions, she began her lecture. "With the Quintessons no longer a threat, the people of Cybertron were left with a newfound sense of power and a collection of space bridges at their disposal. With the fall of Nova Prime, the newly elected, and I use that term loosely, Nominus Prime enacted a program of expansion and colonization."

"However, there was a big problem with that plan. After the Quintessons fled the planet, the well of all sparks slowed production of new life to a tenth of what it was before. Nowhere near enough for the program to work." She explained.

"Why not just let the bots already around leave if they wanted to?" Sierra asked. It seemed like the obvious solution.

Arcee sighed. "Unfortunately, while the Quintessons occupied Cybertron, their government instated a caste and guild system. I think I mentioned it last lesson, but the system worked based on what you transform into. Your alt mode determines what kind of job you get and that was the only job you could have, for the rest of your life."

"So basically, if you turn into a bulldozer, all you can do is construction until the day you die?" Miko asked. She had wondered if Bulkheads' reasoning after that one detention had been real or just stay in school motivation.