Chapter 7

~~~~~~
Previous Chapter End:

Zane layed Kai down on his bed before being pulled into Kai's warm cuddles once again, Zane loved how it made him feel. He was blushing like crazy and he didn't even have to hide it, not that he could anyways.

"It is after dinner time anyways, it would be advisable to sleep" Zane thought to himself before entering sleep mode.

This time Kai awoke first and he saw Zane there, sleeping right beside him. It made his face turn scarlet.

~~~~~~

For about a week it was just the usual, fighting bad guys, helping Kai get over Skylor, Making sure Cole ate, Zane helping Kai and Cole with their self-harm addictions, all the while hiding his own tendencies.

"Jay, would you mind getting Nya for me?" Sensei Wu asked politely.

"Not at all, Sensei" Jay swiftly answered, leaving the room to look for his girlfriend.

After looking around for a while he figured she was in her room, so he went in.. but he forgot to knock.

"Nya? You in here?" Jay asked, looking around, seeing Nya and Skylor making out on the bed.

Nya pulled away from Skylor "Jay, wait! I can explain!"

Jay stood in shock a moment before he ran off crying, forgetting to tell her why he even came in there, he knew he didn't really love her but it still hurt getting cheated on like that.

Cole sees Jay running to the bathroom, face full of tears.

"You okay in there, Static?" Cole tries joking around from outside the bathroom, attempting to make Jay feel better.

Jay says nothing.

"C'mon Jay, you can tell me anything, I'm your best friend!" Cole pleads, showing some concern.

Jay, regretfully, opens the door and looks to his left, holding up his arm to try and hide the tears streaming down his face.

Cole walked in and asked "What's wrong buddy?"

Jay closed the door and there was silence for a while, Jay looked up at Cole and then, back down at the floor.

Eventually Jay stammered out "She- she's cheating on- on m-me.." he cried.

"She's what." Cole asked, more as an angry statement than a question.

"I- I was getting N-Nya like W-Wu tol-told me t-to.." Jay stammered, fumbling over his own words.

"Shh.. take your time." Cole said, rubbing Jay's back comfortingly.

Jay takes a minute to breathe before speaking "I was getting Nya like Wu told me to and I saw her and Skylor making out on her bed.." he said sounding distraught.

Cole gasped before saying "I'm so sorry b-" Cole caught himself and blushed a little, hoping Jay wouldn't notice he swiftly continued "Jay, you deserve better."

"Buh-Jay lol." Jay though to himself before saying it aloud "Buh-Jay lol." he chuckled a little, causing Cole's face to redden some more, which he didn't notice.

"Let's go play Prime Empire to take your mind off things?" Cole suggested, trying to help the curly haired guy feel better.

"Too tired.." Jay said, yawning.

"Then let's get you to bed." Cole said picking him up, which made the blue ninja blush at how sudden he picked him up.

Once they got in Jay's room Cole set Jay down on the bed and said "You should sleep, Bluejay, I've got someone I need to 'talk' with."

Jay felt his face heat up at how protective Cole was being.

"Rest well." Cole said before mumbling the rest, all Jay could make out was the word "love".