Chapter 9

~~~~~~
Previous Chapter End:

"What's the surprise?" Jay asked, confused but curious.

Cole pointed to the bed before smiling and saying "Cheer-up cuddles!" then he set Jay down on the bed

He was swiftly pulled in by Kai, making the curly-haired ninja blush once more. Soon after they had settled their positions Cole layed over the three of them, similar to how a big dog would.

This was a very good night.

~~~~~~

Over the next few nights neither Kai nor Jay really got much comfort, they spent every night crying themselves to sleep but, one night Zane overheard Kai crying. Zane then goes to check if Jay is crying.

Jay's door is open, he sees Jay crying into Cole's chest, Zane then came up with an idea.

*Knock, knock*

"Come in." Kai said sounding hoarse from crying.

Zane then walks in and says "Hello, Kai, I would like to take you somewhere if that's alright?"

"Where to?" Kai responds, attempting to sound enthusiastic.

Zane then picks Kai up and carries him to Jay's room for more cuddles.

They all fell asleep in there, it was the best sleep the three human ninja had gotten in a long while, Zane hadn't slept since three days prior and was running of fumes. The temperature of Jays room was surprisingly the most comfortable.

The next morning

Zane is making breakfast as Cole, Kai, and Jay are all on the couch together still half asleep but attempting to watch the television.

"Breakfast is served." Zane states excitedly.

As they're eating breakfast Zane notices Kai and Jay's negative moods and asks "Kai, Jay, Cole, would you like to play Prime Empire with me once I have finished cleaning up from breakfast?"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME, OF COURSE I WOULD!" Jay answered, surprising absolutely no one.

Kai shrugged "Sure." he said apathetically, trying to eat but he wasn't hungry.

"Yeah, sure, sounds fun." Cole said casually, somewhat picking at his food.

"Can I play too?" Lloyd asked, having returned with Wu and Garmadon early that same morning.

"I see no reason for you not to join." Zane stated, the other three nodded in agreement.

After a while of playing Kai passed out from sleep deprivation, ending up leaning on Jay's shoulder and holding slightly onto Zane's arm, which made the two flustered.

Cole saw the two's reactions and quietly slipped off to the bathroom to cry.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid! Ugh! Can't even confess to ANY of them before they started liking someone else! It was already bad enough you trusted Nya with him, now this mess? Fucking hell." He thought aloud to himself as he grabbed a blade and started to relapse. It hurt bad enough with his fear of rejection but his best friend? Two of his crushes? Blushing at his other crush? It seemed bitterly ironic and it stung.

Zane, who noticed Cole head off to the bathroom so suddenly, had finally managed to get Kai off his arm without waking him and was headed over towards the bathroom to check on Cole.

*Knock, knock*

"Cole? Are you alright? May I come in?" Zane asked, concerned.

"NO!" Cole responded quite sudden and sharply.

Zane could tell Cole was anxious by the shake in his voice, which only made him worry more.

Cole quickly rinsed his arms, pulling down his sleeves before opening the door to let Zane in.

Zane gently grabbed Coles lower forearm, wanting to inspect it to make sure Cole was alright but he winced and pulled away, making Zane worry even more.

"Cole? Are you alright? Did something happen?" The nindroid asked cautiously.

"..." For a while, Cole only looked at the floor beneath him before eventually he asked "Why am I such a crybaby?" he paused before stating "I didn't even get cheated on, what am I so upset about?!" Cole seemed angry with himself.

"Cole.." Zane said not sounding angry or disappointed, only comforting as he held out his hand.

Cole regretfully put his arm in Zane's hand, Zane then rolled up Cole's sleeve and properly cleaned and bandaged the cuts before moving onto the other arm and repeating the process.

As he was doing the second arm Zane asked "I'm sorry if this is personal information but, how long have you done this for? My apologies, I am only curious." he had seen old scars, white and faded scars under the newer ones and was worried for Cole.

Cole was silent for a while but eventually did answer.

"Whenever it was that Jay and Nya started dating, about a month before that.." He answered sheepishly.

"That would be around 8 months." Zane said in reply, trying not to sound sad about not realising sooner.

Cole responded by looking at the ground and saying nothing, crying softly.

"I will help you through this." Zane assured the raven-haired ninja as his face started feeling colder once more from the coolant rushing to his cheeks, making his face appear redder.