1

The sharp edge of a carbon steel katana sliced through layers of skin and flesh with one quick movement. A man in a red and black suit stood above a body that flopped to the floor lifeless. The head he had somehow managed to detach from the spinal cord with his sword rolled a few inches before coming to a stop at his feet. The man lifted his foot and placed it on the forehead, nudging it back and forth like a soccer ball.

"Ew~ did you see his neck? It squirted like a gusher!" he said. Call him deranged with a broken moral compass and you'd be correct. Bang Chan was no ordinary man. He was what the world labeled a Mutant. Was he? Well, that was debatable. He had been human once. A stupid Ant who was only ever capable of dying and caring more about others than himself. And now? One of those was true but it surely wasn't inevitable death.

"Chan, please for the love of god focus. We didn't come here to play with dead bodies!"

The katana-wielding vigilante kicked his target's head at the wall and whistled. "Score. Okay, who's next on our shitlist?" he asked, pushing his weapons back into their sheathes.

A younger man dressed in a yellow suit similar to his stood a few yards away. To Chan, he looked like a lemon, always with a sour expression. "Why did we bring him along? He just ends up killing everyone."

"Cause, he's fun," another man commented. He leaned onto the yellow man's shoulder, pink hair blowing in the wind that was coming in from the broken window of the office they had gotten into. "Don't be so uptight, Minnie. This guy was bad, he deserved it."

"Hyunjin don't even try it. I'm pissed right now."

Chan slipped his mask off over his face, revealing black eyes and blonde hair. He ignored the couple as they began their small argument—if you could even call it that. It always ended up the same way. Seungmin criticized Chan's way of dealing with their targets and Hyunjin commented on it. Then Seungmin said he was mad when he wasn't and after Hyunjin got him to lighten up they continued on their way.

Without a care in the world about the blood that would soak into his suit, Chan picked up the head he had kicked and walked over to the deceased's desk. He placed it in the center and grabbed a sharpie, scribbling loser on his forehead in large bold letters. What could he say? The guy was a loser. How do you end up dying so pathetically by a guy with cancer? Granted Chan's case was a little different.

He was every cancer patient's dream. To live and survive. No matter what he did he just never seemed to die. He wished he could call it a curse. If it were some paranormal bullshit to punish him for being a terrible person, he might have been more accepting of it. In reality, he'd never done anything wrong to anyone. Previous to becoming a crazy lunatic with two swords on his back, he should add.

He just happened to be diagnosed and then used as a test subject. No biggie. Anyone would go around killing people after that, right? The world will never know since he's the only one it's happened to. Immortality sucked. How many drugs had he injected in himself at a time hoping to somehow combust? Ugh, are they done yet?

"How did I get stuck with you two love birds again?" he asked as he turned around. He stuck his pinky in his ear and wiggled it around with an obnoxious yawn.

Here's how it happened. Chan got a lead on the people who did the whole cancer mutation thing to him. He killed them. After that, a friend tried to lead him down the path of righteousness. And now he stood before the third person he'd killed trying to be some grand heroic mutant. He tried to tell them. He did.

You just can't keep the immortal guy from killing. If he can't kill himself he's going to kill bad guys. It's just how it is. It's his canon event. "Yeah so, this whole hero thing isn't working out."