Episode 20

He cupped her cheeks with his cold hands, which made an icy current pass through her spine and her colour drained from her face. He captured her lips into a kiss so cold, she could feel the numbness in it. She tried to hold back her tears as he pressed his cold and indifferent lips against hers. Though her heart ached with longing, his lips were as lifeless and empty as the night sky. He didn't seem to care, or even notice the depth of her grief, only that it amused him to play with her feelings like a game.

He broke the kiss after a few minutes but still kept her close as his eyes stared at her with emptiness. Her eyes widened when his arms raised, holding the same knife which had stains of her blood from earlier. Her eyes watered as she looked at the knife and then back at him who held nothing but darkness. It was as if he himself didn't know what was he doing.

She broke in cold sweats, thinking this was the very end of her life. Thinking that she would die from the hands of her own husband which she loathed the most. She tried to speak but her words refused to come out of her mouth and her throat went achingly dry. She closed her eyes tight, ready for the knife to pierce her skin but there was none.

Her breathings were shallow and with all the courage she could muster, she opened her eyes and her heart clenched in fear when they made contact with him. He was already looking at her while the hand in which the knife was held, lowered. "I don't know why, I can't kill you. I'm not supposed to feel this." He growled near her ear while the knife dropped and he immediately pinned her to the wall behind.

"You're just my doll. You are not supposed to control my feelings this way, Y/n." He whispered and a shiver ran down her spine when she heard him rasp her name. There was something in his voice this time which scared her yet an unsettling feeling arose within her which made her desperate for him. She found herself more and more caught in his web of manipulative and controlling behaviour.

But she gasped when she felt him being pulled away from her. Her eyes widened when she stared at Irene in horror, who glared at Taehyung with hatred which consumed her very soul. Y/n could feel her heart beat increase as she stared at Irene. It felt as if she was seeing her for the first time. She looked like a complete different person.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Taehyung?" Irene screamed as she wiped the sweat from her forehead. She looked as if she was ready to pounce on him but when Y/n teared her gaze from Irene to Taehyung, he seemed even more furious which made her anxious. Her chest heaved up and down when she heard Taehyung growl. "That's none of your business, Irene. Stay out of this!" He yelled which made both the women flinch, but Irene stayed infront of Y/n, like a guardian angel. She saw Irene's fingers tremble but she fisted it, as if to hide it. "Not when she's the one getting hurt. I won't let even your soul near her, Taehyung." She whispered.

"I SAID STAY AWAY!" He screamed as he stomped towards them and pulled Irene away from her. He threw her on the ground, afar and a loud thud could be heard due to her sudden contact with the dusty surface. Y/n gasped as she dragged herself towards her but she was soon pulled towards him with a jerk. She struggled to free herself from his grip but flinched when he pressed his knife against her chest, making every nerve in her body cold. "T-Taehyung n-no." She whispered as she gripped his wrist. Her breathings went irregular and she could hear her own heart thundering inside her chest as if it itself was afraid of the monster.

Irene's eyes widened as she looked at them with horror. Soon, numerous heavy footsteps could be heard and everyone's gaze turned to the broken door, to see a few cops, including Jungkook with them. Y/n was relieved to see them, but also afraid to be in his arms, with knife pointed towards her. Everyone's footsteps slowed down as they watched the two of them in sheer horror. "One step closer and you'll watch the end of her." He rasped as his breaths turned heavy, hitting the side of her neck. Her eyes watered and her grip on his wrist only tightened but it felt as if he didn't care about it at all. His one hand pressed the knife on her throat while the other hand grabbed her waist, pulling her closer to him. Her back pressed against his chest and the knife pressed more against her throat, making it harder for her to breathe.