Chapter 2: First encounter

Felix's POV

I outdid myself this time. I don't think anything I've done before could top this one. Looking around me, I was surrounded by nothing but sand and Palm trees. Flashes of me telling my Uber Driver to "take me to the beach" would explain. Where was I? Obviously not New York, as it's December and I'm sitting under palm trees.

I pull my phone out of my pocket only to realize it's dead; of course, it is. I look at my watch and see it's only 6 a.m. I always woke up early when I went too hard the night before. Hear me out; it was my bro's bachelor party; we had to. What I didn't have to do was Buy a ticket to an Island and wake up on a Beach. In my defense, I was blacked out.

I could check my passport. I open my passport and see a stamp from, last night, Guadeloupe. Honestly, I don't know. My family took a trip here when I was young so when I blacked out last night I bought a ticket to 'the last place we were happy' or something corny like that and ended up here. Of course, I did, no suitcase, nothing just here.

I should find somewhere to charge my phone, and probably book someplace to stay, I'm here, so I might as well. I looked around me and noticed almost no one around; judging by the orange-yellow hue in the sky and the lack of people on the beach, I was left to assume it was very early in the morning so I'd probably have to wait a bit for something to open.

Walking around the beach I realized, this wasn't so bad; last night my dad was shouting at me about a fumbled acquisition he blames me for and now I'm on the Island. Even though I didn't really know where I was, there was an air of peace that I hadn't felt in so long. I watched as the early morning waves crashed into the sand, I might stay.

Soon after my epiphany, I noticed some shops begin to open up. Lucky for me a cafe was one of them. I could sit down, charge my phone, find somewhere to stay, and have a coffee, definitely going to need a coffee.

I had been seated by a hostess when the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen came rushing in Her curly hair flowed effortlessly down her back. Her skin, was sunkissed by the island sun. Beads of sweat ran down her freckled face, she must've run here. She yelled out something in French to a man I presumed to be the owner while rushing into what I can only assume to be the kitchen. Her voice was as Beautiful as she, and I was beginning to regret this trip less and less.

"Comment puis-je vous aider?" I look up from the menu to see the dark-haired beauty staring back at me with the warmest smile. It felt as if my breath was caught in my throat, I never felt this way before. I'm not going to say I'm in love, but my heart was beating out of my chest.

I realized I was staring at her too long, but to be fair, I had no idea what she was saying. "I'm sorry?"

"Oooh American." She says, her smile somehow bigger, "I'm sorry, I speak little English, I ask 'How can I help you?'" Just when you think someone can't get any hotter. Her accent...made my dick hard, I won't lie, I am just a man.

"Je parle, petit francais." I reply back to her in broken French. "Just a coffee." The thought of food right now made me so nauseous.

She immediately claps and lets out the sexiest laugh I ever heard. "Amazing, beautiful French." She jokes. "Are you from, New York?"

This was common. For some reason, people living outside of the U.S. think the country is only comprised of 3 states. If it isn't New York, they guess Florida or California. "No, New Jersey but I live very close to New York, they dump their garbage in our State," I respond, hoping she gets half of that and we can continue our conversation.

That one didn't earn me a laugh, "Garbage?"

The conversation sort of fizzled out after that. I'm not even sure what I wanted from her, I wasn't going to stay and it's not like I could convince her to uproot her life for me in the next 2 weeks I'd plan to be here. Even if I could, my life was a mess, I was a mess, and nothing good would come in pursuing her. So when she placed my coffee on the table, I gave her a smile and a short "Merci" before returning to my phone. This was best.

I was really good for doing things I shouldn't do. Only took me two days before I was back on the beach in front of her Cafe. My mind was full of thoughts of her, I'd never felt this way before. Two days away from her felt like an eternity. I'd even download Duolingo on my phone so that by the time I saw her again, I'd have more to say than "I speak little French." 

"Hi, stalker." I recognized that beautiful voice, I turned around to see my Island Beauty clad in a hot pink bikini. She was holding a beach bag and surfboard. "You looking for me?" I don't think I ever wanted her to speak proper English, her broken English was too sexy.

What was the point in lying, "I was, I was actually wondering if you wanted to spend the day with me."

" bold of you to think I like you, American boy." If there wasn't a smile on her face, my heart would have sunk. "Do you have a car?"

I pulled the keys of the rental Jeep out of my pockets. "I do, you have somewhere to show me, French girl?" I joke back.

"This beach, beautiful, but I know better." She responds walking ahead of me as if she knew where my car was.

She was very cocky, it was very hot. I sped up to catch up with her, she was walking in the right direction actually.