Chapter 4: Teenager part 2

A reader on AO3 suggested a bonding chapter between Sans and Damien, so here you are!

Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damien has become a constant presence in the skeleton's household now that he lives with Toriel, much to Sans' dismay. Papyrus seems to have taken a liking to Damien and it was apparent with how he treats him now to how he treated him when he first met him. In all honesty, Sans acts like Damien is an eye sore, but somehow Damien has learned how to look past Sans' words and see the real hidden words. Most of the time, what Sans says is what he means, but on particularly good days, Sans' snark isn't what he actually feels and Damien can decipher him perfectly. Sans is not amused by that.

"you again?" Sans asked as he opened the door after he heard a knock.

"Hi, Sans!" Damien cheerfully greeted him.

Sans grunted and simply moved back to his spot on the couch as Damien closed the front door behind him.

"I know the drill: keep the door open, right?" Damien said on his way to Y/n's room.

"damn right." Sans replied. "th' second that door closes, yer out."

"Aye aye." Damien saluted, then continued on his way.

Sans shook his head. Silly kid. He knows Damien is here for Y/n, but the kid seems so comfortable in the skeleton's home and it's more than obvious he's much happier as opposed to before living with the former Queen. Perhaps it's because he's living with Toriel now and doesn't have to walk on eggshells around his parents anymore.

The day went on like normal. Papyrus came home from work in the afternoon and Damien stayed for dinner as he always did—which they had early so Damien doesn't have to walk home at night—then they went to the living room to watch something together. In the middle of the movie, someone knocked on the door, which was strange. If Toriel was going to come over, she would have already been there and it was rare for Frisk and Flowey to come over late, plus they would have called if that was the case. Undyne also calls Papyrus before she comes over, so it couldn't be her. Of course, there are rare times where Undyne shows up unannounced, but there hasn't been any negative or overly exciting energy from her as of recently, so Papyrus highly doubts it's her. Just in case, Papyrus checked his phone just to confirm and nope, no calls. The knock came again, more forcefully and urgent this time. Papyrus got up from the his seat to answer the door, while the rest of his family stayed to continue to watch the movie. When he opened the door, an unfamiliar man was impatiently waiting with a sort of sour look on his face.

"YES?" Papyrus asked the unfamiliar man.

He's never seen this man before in his life. He was large for a human and seemed well built. He was frowning and Papyrus guessed that he came to address whatever it was that had him unhappy.

"I belive you have my son." the man gruffed out.

Damien froze from inside the house, having heard his so-called "father's" voice. Damien's new sudden demeanor alerted both Sans and Y/n. Sans turned to the teens and discreetly told his daughter to take Damien upstairs and Y/n didn't wait a second longer. As soon as the words left Sans' teeth, Y/n took Damien's hand and shortcutted to her room upstairs.

"WHO ARE YOU?"

"Damien is my son. I know you're housing him."

"WE ARE NOT HOUSING YOUR SON."

"Don't lie to me." the man's hackles seemed to rise.

"look, pal," Sans interjected, coming to his brother's side with sharp words. "yer son don't live with us. ya would know that if ya actually paid attention to 'im."