Chapter 2

Hey guys!! Right, I don’t know how many of you read the first little taster, but this is chapter two!! I’m really hoping this story will be as popular as my entire One Direction Fan Fiction called She’s The One – A One Direction Fan Fiction.

This story is made mostly for my best friend Lana (MrsTurtleStyles) She’s absolutely fabulous and I love her to bits! Lana, this whole story is for you. Thank you. For being my friend, for being my sister almost and for being there for me J LOVE YOU LOTS BABY CAKES.

Enjoy the story guys, Imogen xxxxxxx

Chapter 2

You never really get used to the rush of adrenaline performing on stage gives you, it feels like your on drugs or something, you feel almost invincible because all of those people, who are singing and clapping along to the songs, they’re all there for you. We’d just finished singing Only Girl and the lights dimmed again. Then Liam stepped forward. “Hello Belfast!” He said loudly, causing the crowd to scream back. “It’s amazing to see so many of you here tonight! Now, we have a treat for you. We’re going to perform one of the most amazing songs of 2010 and the boys and I are still pretty hooked on it. The one thing that’s going to be different, is the fact that each of us will get a girl up on stage to sing this too...”

Liam stopped, pulling the microphone away from his mouth and smiling, the news had left the audience stunned and in one abrupt movement, there were shrieks from every teenage girl in the room. I laughed at the deafening noise. “All right girls! In just a second, our friend Phil, say hello to Phil guys!” He gestured up to his left where Phil and the rest of the Light and Sound team were sat on their platform. Phil waved and the audience waved back. “Phil is going to switch on one of our spotlights and by random choice; we’re each going to select a girl from the audience. Ready everyone? Let’s go.”

Liam jogged back in to line with us and smiled. The first light shone down, illuminating Niall. “All right guys? Let’s see who I’m going to have the pleasure of singing to tonight...” A second beam started up and scanned slowly across the crowd, moving in random directions before halting and narrowing. It had landed on a girl of about 16. She had long blonde hair and a pixie face, and her eyes grew wide with shock as a member of security came and escorted her from her seat to the stage.

As she stood up, you could see the short, floral printed dress she was wearing. When she got to the stage, she came over beside Niall. “Hello there gorgeous, what’s your name?” Niall asked her, giving her a wink. She blushed and giggled as Niall moved the microphone to her lips.

 “Chelsea, Chelsea Morrow.” She told him, fiddling shyly with a bit of her hair. “Well Chelsea, would you like me to sing to you tonight?” Niall replied. “Of course!” She said happily and most of the audience laughed. A few girls were booing but most were cheering and clapping.

This process carried on for Liam, who got a girl called Yasmine, Zayn who got a girl called Sasha and Louis, who was just inviting his girl up on stage. “What’s your name lovely?” He asked her, throwing an arm around her shoulders. “My name’s Izzie, Louis.” She replied, grinning at him. “And would you like me to si-“ Louis was interrupted by Izzie who took the microphone from him. “Hell yes!” She shouted into it, causing everyone including Lou to laugh.

“All right then!” He’d said, taking back his mic. “Now girls, we’ve just got one more girl to get up here, and whoever it is, keep your hands off the curls, they’re mine!” I laughed along with the crowd. “Evening everyone!” I said into my microphone, still laughing a little. “Louis may have staked his claim on my hair, but I can tell you now that it’s purely out of jealousy that I will be singing to someone that isn’t him...” I wink.

“Anyway, let’s see who I’ve got, eh?” And once again, the beam of light moves across hundreds of heads slowing down over some before passing straight over them. It comes to a slow halt and the girl looks up, startled. I can feel my skin prickle, I feel suddenly cold.  Not because I recognise the girl, but because she’s possibly the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Security moves down her row and takes her by the elbow, guiding her from her seat.

My eyes are glued to her the whole way, taking in her perfect figure, swathed in a short black dress that hugs her top half and flares out subtly at the waist. Her long brown hair falls straight down her back like a waterfall and when she looks up at me, I see a flash of sparkling brown eyes. Her cheeks heat up and I can see them turning a faded pink, delicate as rose petals. She steps up on stage, showing her long, lean legs and her gladiator style black heels. The distance between her chair and the stage is only a few metres and takes about 20 seconds to reach us but for me, it feels like a lifetime.

My heart thumps as she gets closer and I lick my lips nervously. “He-Hello gorgeous.” I say quietly. “Hi Harry....” She says, looking up into my eyes. Oh my God my brain says, it’s going into overdrive, analysing every little thing about her and her stunning face. “Er, what’s your name...?” She sweeps her hair back from her face and fiddles with the hem of her dress. “Ruby.” She smiles, her perfect white teeth glinting in the light.

“That’s a beautiful name...” I tell her honestly, giving her a quick wink. “Thank you!” She says, grinning broadly. “Okay!” Zayn’s voice suddenly fills my ears and my attention snaps away from Ruby, I take a deep breath in to clear my head and focus on Zayn but I’m hit with the strong smell of her perfume. I recognise it as So....? Kiss Me. My sister Gemma bought some and although I liked it a lot she found it too overpowering so threw it out.

I feel my mouth start to water and the phrase ‘Smells good enough to eat’ settles in my brain. I chuckle quietly to myself and Ruby notices. “What’s so funny?” She whispers gently, swaying closer and making another waft of perfume surround me. “Oh, no-nothing...” I tell her smiling. All of a sudden, the music starts to play and I recognise my cue. Without thinking I take Ruby’s hand and look straight into her eyes. I start to sing,

 “Oh, her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they’re not shinin’

   Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her tryin’

   She’s so beautiful, and I tell her every day...”

I then get an overpowering urge to reach up and stroke her cheek but I resist, singing along with the rest of the boys and having to settle on keeping a tight grip on her soft hand. Her eyes are glued to mine and her mouth is stretched into a breath-taking smile that is just for me. The last few chords start to fade away and I do my last little solo bit, “’Cause girl you’re amazing, just the way you are.....Yeah!” Before taking the microphone away and grinning madly.

We get a standing ovation from everyone in the crowd and I smile, bowing low. I turn back to Ruby and feel my heart beat speed up. I pull her in for a hug. “Meet me at the fire exit after the show; you can come back stage later.” I whisper in her ear, squeezing her around the waist. She nods and smiles when we pull apart and with a last kiss on the cheek from me, she’s gone, being lead away by a member of security.

Again I watch her as she makes her way back to her seat, the minute she sits down, the small group of friends she is with pounce on her, grinning and laughing and frowning a little. In the middle of it all, Ruby just sits giggling, her eyes still glued to me. I throw her a last quick wink before we start into our next song, Forever Young...

End of Chapter 2 :D

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

I need some feedback on this new story guys!! ;D

Imogen xxxxx