Chapter 7 - TURN OF EVENTS

Elena's POV

"I wanna chase it, taste it
Nothing can replace this craving I've got
Just another moment, hoping
I could be the only one that you want."
Sweet talker, Years & Years.

Saturday night, 15th January 2022

I couldn't believe what I had just done. It was a long time since I hadn't sung like that in front of so many people. And the damned alcohol made me lose my shyness and I hadn't taken my eyes off of Enzo while I was singing. His gaze was hypnotic, when he talked to me I couldn't keep my eyes away from his.

I wasn't expecting so much attention from him. He seemed to have been in his own mind in the pub, texting on his phone. But when he took my hands to check on my wounds, I felt a shiver. When he started caressing my wrist tattoo, I couldn't help blushing. Then, when we got to the karaoke, he started talking to me. He was so smart and funny, and I was also very talkative. I felt comfortable around him. All the nervousness of the beginning of the night had disappeared. We had a lot in common: almost same age, living far from home, we loved music...

When he asked me if I had a relationship with Piero I wanted to die. It was the last thing in the world I wanted him to think. In fact, I made it very clear to him that I wasn't with Piero nor anyone. Why did I do that? Oh god... He was messing with my head.

I was aware that Piero had been all night trying to get my attention and taking care of me. But I didn't want him around. Not anymore. I just wanted to now Enzo better. I was so driven to him. And the three beers I had drunk, made me more daring and carefree.

When I got down of the stage, I saw Enzo getting up to greet me, but Anna arrived before him and she hugged me. I could feel his eyes all over me. When I was able to escape from her embrace, I took my bag and my coat and I run up the stairs. I needed some fresh air. Shortly after, they joined me and we headed to a disco Enzo suggested.

On our way to the disco, I walked by Enzo's side and I tried to start a conversation.

- Hi...

- Hey you... - he said a bit roughly without looking at me.

- It's been funny... the karaoke I mean...

- I guess... You sing incredibly well. – Even if he had said something good, his tone was still rough. I didn't understand why.

- Thanks... I guess... Are you ok? – I asked trying to understand what was happening.

- Yes, I'm great. – He smiled at me sadly and he speeded up his pace to get to Michele, who was talking to Anna and Piero. I felt confused, he seemed sometimes very interested and the other minute so distant.

When we arrived to the disco, there was a huge queue to get in. Enzo went to talk to the doorkeeper and he waved at us a second later. The doorkeeper raised the rope and let us in.

Once into the disco, Enzo and Michele guided us to the VIP zone, where we sat on a sofa in a booth. We ordered some drinks to the waiter and Enzo ordered also some shots.

- Let's have fun! Tequila shots for everyone! – He shouted excitedly, distributing the little glasses.

- Uff, tequila... It's been a while since I don't drink that! – I told him laughing.

- For me too. But once in a while can't hurt! – He winked at me and downed the tequila shot.

All but Piero drank our shot. Enzo realized Piero hadn't drunk the shot and told him off.

- Man, it's not right to turn down an invite. – Enzo told Piero jokingly.

- I don't drink tequila, I'm sorry. – Piero said leaving the tequila shot on the table.