||chapter 3: poison||

TW: cuss words, mild violence, use of poison, and mild body horror.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Mateo's pov

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have no idea how long I've been out for... I sit tied up in a metal chair in a well lit room, a mirror sits directly across from me and I notice that on my neck, the spot where Hetch injected me, had turned a sickly color of black. 

"Holy shit." I muttered.

And of course as soon as any fucking sound comes out of my mouth Hetch, "miraculously" appears. "Well, Mateo seems you've fina-" I glared at him. 

"what the fuck did you inject me with?" Hetch seemed slightly annoyed that I had interrupted him, but he didn't say anything.

 "Awww, but that would ruin the surprise." He gave me a fake-ass pouty face and I rolled my eyes. 

"Tell me."

 "and what if I don't?" That shut me up, he knew I couldn't do anything. 

"Fuck you, tell me WHAT did you inject me with?" 

Pain shot up my back. 

"What the fuck?" My back felt like it was on fire. 

"Ah, I see the poison has finally kicked in." I winced in pain. "You injected me with fucking poison!"

 Hetch smirked. 

"Yes, and since you've been out cold for the past... 16 hours, you have roughly..." Hetch paused. "Two and a half  hours until the poison reaches your heart, and kills you." My eyes widened with realization. 

"I'm gonna die.." 

"Mateo I'm giving two choices. either you give in now, and I inject you with the antidote, or you resist .. And I leave you here to die."

"I don't c-care if I die! I won't be a part of your sick mind games!" Hetch chuckled.

 "We'll see about that."

///////////////////////////////////////////////

cameron's pov

///////////////////////////////////////////////

I shivered in my black sweatshirt, couldn't really do anything about it though. Ranboo looked at me, I'm pretty sure they could tell I was cold, but I couldn't read their face, it was full of stone-cold determination, and nothing else. Ranboo slunk towards the building,  and I followed them, or as fast as I could keep up with them,  I'm 5'9 and Ranboo still had height on me. specifically 10 and a half inches.

 Getting in was surprisingly easy, you would think that it would be crawling with worker drones. But it's not, so either something is up, or whoever moderates security is a fucking dumbass. 

finding what we needed however, would not. I glanced at Ranboo. "You have any idea where we can find a key card?" Ranboo nodded.

"If we're lucky, one will just be lying around, if not we may have to resort to more, heavy measures." I nodded hoping that it didn't come to that.

Moving silently through the building Ranboo motioned for me to follow him. 

"Stay behind me, I don't know who or what is behind that door."

I rolled my eyes. "You are just as susceptible to a knife in the back as I am right now."

"Mhm, but you are still smaller than me." My jaw dropped.

"Don't you dare compare my strength to your height advantage." 

"No, I think I will."

"Weren't you the one who refused to carry a gun?" Ranboo chuckled quietly.

"I did, but for a good reason." I raised an eyebrow.

"And what was that good reason?"

"I was never taught how to use one."

I laughed. "So you were never taught to use one, like ever, not even for hunting?"

"Nope."

"Well then, When we get out of this 'predicament' I'll teach you how to hunt with a gun."

"Sounds like a plan." Opening the door a younger man around 20 to 25 years old glanced up.

"Hey, you're not supposed to be here." The man lifted up a walkie-talkie, most likely to call security, however Ranboo got there faster. Forcing the walkie-talkie out of the person's hand, Ranboo pulled the man into a tight chokehold.

"There are two ways we can do this, you give us a valid key card and you walk out of here unharmed, or you resist and I use more... Deadly force."