Part 11 - Past, 'Requite'

"Gio, are you listening?"

He blinked several times before turned to look at the man.
Vittorio stood in front of him with his usual analyzing look. The man always dressed impeccably wherever he went, Taehyung really had to give him some credit for his fashion style. He was the perfect person to become your personal assistant and manager.

"I am."
He let out an inaudible sigh while lightly wiped his forehead. There were so many things he would like to erase from his memory of the past.
"So, she can make it, right?"

"She will need additional senior tutor if you want her to perform for their autumn showcase. They haven't decided yet, but I'm quite optimistic. She is one persevering dancer. I will say maybe almost at Sophia's level."
There was a hint of admiration on Vittorio's usual stiff face.

"More. I want her to reach far higher than Sohia. Introduce several key names to Y/N, let her decides the one that she feels fit her the most."

He would bring you to reach stardom with all the resources that he had. Whatever it takes to give you what you had long for.
He would do anything, only for you.

"I get it. I'm currently compiling the list."

"Show the list to me first before the show next week."

He was going back to the papers on his desk, when Vittorio cleared his throat and threw him an unsure look.

"I don't know if I should tell you this, but Y/N has been quite close with your Korean friend. I mean, ... really close."

That snatched his attention instantly.
"Jimin?"

"I saw them exited the lobby of her apartment this early morning, hand in hand. They ... stayed overnight, it seemed."

The blood was rushed to his heart, like a blade was stabbed right to his aorta, severing the major blood vessel.
It was painfully searing.

His dear distant cousin.
The man that his mother insisted for Taehyung to help with his career.
Jimin was supposed to stay temporary as a guest star in one of their show, which was months ago. He had thought that inviting an unfamiliar and unique face to the formation in the theatre would bring in some novelty for more audience.
He never thought that his beloved cousin would overstay his visit. He was too occupied with his endeavor to propel your career as well as his own responsibilities within the group, he overlooked this one little unexpected affair.
Good thing he had Vittorio to keep an eye of you.

Too bad you were one to easily give in. Surrendering your body to a man you just knew, while he always thought you would be too focused in your career, totally forgot your coming of age phase.
He had thought he would be the one to deflower you in the end.

His beautiful little whore.
You were dressed up pretty and presentable, hoisted to fame by him - with his money and his help, only to give yourself away to some good looking nobody who couldn't even afford the La Perla lingeries you bought with his card the other day.

He wished he didn't fall for you desperately. He wished he had incorporated himself more in your life earlier, so Jimin wouldn't steal the start ahead of him.
He wished he didn't invite his cousin to Italy and helped him to get a role in his theater.
In the end, it was true what they said, no good deed goes unpunished.

Although somehow, he couldn't blame you nor Jimin.
It was his fault that all this time he had not marked his own territory.

"I'll look into it. Just keep me informed."

When the man was at the door, he called him again.

"Oh, Vittorio? You may take a week off somewhere overseas once the next show is over. Put all expenses on my tab. Consider this as my belated wedding gift for you and Paulo."

By the faint smile that adorned the guy's lips, he knew how valid what his mother said to him before. Benevolence was more potent in winning their loyalty than intimidation.

But in different cases, he remembered what his father had taught him. Some people didn't deserve his kindness.
And when they were indispensable in his life, he had no better option but to teach them a lesson.