Loyalty

///Lucifer castle garden///

Lars and Grayfia have been walking through the garden for at least half an hour, to get out of earshot of any other servants that could be in the garden.

"Why are you leaving the Royal faction Grayfia? Is it because you lost faith in the young princes and princess of the old Satan's? Or is it because you fell head over heels for the son of Gremory?" Lars asked his oldest friend.

"Lars...I am sorry, but I cannot ignore my feelings of disgust anymore that I feel for my family and the royal houses. My feelings for Sirzechs are true, unlike the so-called love that my family here gives me! The lord I serve doesn't care about me, or matter of fact, anyone! My brother only loves me as an object he can possess and own like a toy!" Grayfia shouted her feelings at her only friend in the Royal faction.

A silence befell the two of them, that lingered for a few minutes, before Lars broke through the silence.

"Grayfia I can't say that I can truly relate to what you have said, since I serve a different household then you do. But I can understand what you said about the royals, they are declining in quality, at least the grandchildren of the old lords. Lord Rizevem, I still hold in high regard, then again, I don't know I'm personally." Lars told his friend.

"Then why stay?" Asked Grayfia. "I promised Katerea's Mother, that her daughter would survive the civil war. I swore it upon my soul and family name." The male devil told his female friend.

"Are you insane!?" The grey-haired servant of house Lucifer shouted at him. "You know the consequences when you break your promise that you swore on your soul!"

"I know what will happen when I break the woe. But I am sure that she will survive this war." Lars said, confident in his abilities to protect Katerea. "I know that you are powerful, more powerful than me, But I don't think you will be able to win against the monsters that the anti-Satan faction leaders are." Grayfia responded with not so reassuring words.

"I am aware that the raw power difference between me and the likes of Sirzechs, Ajuka, Sera, Falbium and myself is quite large. But I can't let them reach Katerea. All that I am concerned about is, that I would break my promise to Princess Leviathan to protect her daughter. Or that Sera will never forgive me for choosing the other side." The last part, barely a whisper.

A comfortable silence befell the two of them.

"If you really want to go to the anti-Satan factions' side, I advise you to go now. I am pretty sure that the royals are going to worry about our location since the situation is very tense."

Grayfia was about to leave before the voice of her best friend cut her off. "Before you leave, I hope for the best for you and Sirzechs and if you see Sera tell her that I miss her company." Lars said with a smile before Grayfia left in a Magical circle.

Now that he was alone again, he allowed himself a long and dragged-out sigh, before he turned around, summoned his clan trait and teleported to the castle of lucifer.

//Castle of Lucifer//

When Lars appeared in front of the 4 royals and Euclid, the 5 seemed to be in distress. Euclid was to first to approach him. "Where is my sister!" He demanded, shacking Lars by the collar.

Lars looked at Euclid with a face of complete neutrality and answered with a tone that befitted is face. "She has left for the rebels." With those words Euclid punched Lars in the face leaving him to stagger backwards.

"Why did you no stop her!" He shouted at Lars, completely ignoring the fact that he was still in the presence of royalty and that he should behave as such.