4

16th Precinct
306 W 54th Street
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
"Are you still seeing that guy you won't tell me about?" Amanda asked Allie. They were currently sitting around the bullpen conference table with Fin, Nick and Olivia.
"Wait, what guy?" Nick stopped eating his take out. "You never told me about a guy."
"Not really anymore. We both got so busy with work. School year started; he got bigger assignments at his job. Life got in the way."
"That's too bad, Allie. You seemed really happy." Fin commented. He was the only one that could have pieced together that she had been dating Rafael but he didn't say anything.
"What's this case y'all are working on? So complicated Amanda had me bring y'all dinner."
"Systemic abuses and bull," Fin answered for the group, "Barba isn't too happy with the case."
"We gave him everything he had yesterday and he told us there wasn't much he could do." Olivia sighed.
"Manor Hill, right? I heard rumors."
"Really?" Amanda leaned in from her seat, "Like what?"
"School system talks, teachers, admin. You know how it goes." Allie got up from her seat and walked over to the break room. She put two dollars in the vending machine and a soda fell out.
"What happened with Barba, Allie?" Fin had followed her to the break room.
"Nothing significant. Never labeled anything. Dates fell to the wayside as they say. It was only a month."
"You okay with that?"
"Yeah. No. I don't know," she sighed, "I liked, like him but life got in the way."
Allie set her soda down on the counter and leaned into Fin's side, "Oh, Allie. I'm sorry."

Office of ADA Rafael
1 Hogan Place
Friday, October 19, 2012
"Mr Babra, Ms Mayson is here to see you," Carmen said as she poked her head in the door.
He put his pen down and stood up, "Of course."
Allie walked in and thanked Carmen. The woman wasted no time and moved around the furniture in his office.
"Allie, hi..."
One hand on his cheek and the other found its place on his waist. She kissed him. They hadn't kissed on any of the dates they had gone. She kissed him with just about everything she had in herself. For a second, he was frozen and then he melted into it. His hands found their place in her hair. They stayed there, in that moment, for what felt like forever. In reality, it was only a few seconds.
They parted and Rafael touched his forehead to hers, "I'm sorry."
"Life got in the way but we can fix that," she laughed and moved her arms all the way around his waist, under his suit jacket and over his suspenders.
"Allie, I want to continue this but I don't think we can, not here at least."
She began to move out from his arms but he stopped her, "Of course. I, I understand."
He kissed her, quick, but long enough to get the message across, "Stay?"
They untangled and she sat down on his couch. He grabbed the papers he was working on before she came in and sat down next to her. He worked for about an hour, with her leaning on his shoulder and traced lines along his shoulder blades, until it neared five thirty and Carmen was leaving to go home. Most everyone else was leaving as well, accepting a few ADAs and interns.
"I'm going out with Amanda tonight but you owe me a date," Allie smiled at the man.
"Of course, cariño," he took her hand and kissed it, "But you know, you just missed Rollins."
"Manor Hill, right? She said it was frustrating. That's why we're going out tonight. I think Olivia is joining us."
"Wait, cariño?" She stood up and didn't move her hand.
"It means darling. A woman as amazing as you should be ravished in every language. And, yes, it is frustrating. Systemic abuse at a private school so no one really wants to talk. Go, I'm sure Rollins will fill you in with what she can."
She looked down at their hands, smiled and walked out of his office, "Goodbye, Rafael."

PS 35
317 W 52nd Street
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
'How did that case finish up?' Allie texted Amanda.
'It was rough. Not too bad but Barba still can't prosecute.'
'That's rough. Need anything while I'm out?' Allie hailed a cab as she hit send. The school day was over and she planned on going to the grocery store before heading home.
'No, I'm good. Thanks, hon.'

Half an hour later, Allie had a few bags in hand and was walking into her apartment.
"Codie! Girlie, I got you a treat." The pitbull mix ran up to her owner and sat down. Allie made it about three steps into the apartment before she had to stop and set her bags down.
"Sweet girl, it's you and me tonight."
The pair walked across the living room and sat down on the couch. Codie put her head in Allie's lap and looked up at her.
Allie's phone dinged and she thought it was Amanda again but was surprised to see a message from Rafael, 'Saturday?'
'What time?'
'Lunch'
She smiled and another message appeared, 'I would see you tonight, and every night, if I could.'
After a few minutes just staring at her phone and the messages that fill the screen, her phone rang and Rafael's name replaced them.
He laughed slightly and answered, "Hi."
"Cariño," she could hear the smile on his face, "Saturday?"
"Did I not say yes?"
"No, Allie," it was his turn to laugh, "you left me hanging for about twenty minutes. Which isn't too long but thinking about you is presenting a distraction."
"Oh, I'm sorry," bite dripped from her mouth and both knew she wasn't sorry, "Should I let you go?"
"Probably," he said but made no move on his end to hang up the phone. The two stayed, going back and forth, for about fifteen minutes until Allie could hear Olivia in the background calling out to Rafael.
"I have to go but I'll see you on Saturday?"
"I'm looking forward to it, Rafael."