THIRTY-FIVE.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE:
You're going to be the death of me.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aki was having more fun than before. The majority of the Port Mafia members had gathered together, mingling and having fun conversation. She was slightly buzzed from the champagne she had been sipping endlessly on, making the evening all the more enjoyable.

The group were sitting around a circular table, talking over one another, "Akutagawa, if you keep guzzling the champagne like that you're gonna end up as drunk as Kajii." Aki teased, a big grin on her lips, amber eyes pointed in the direction of where the man was sitting opposite her, the buttons on his suit jacket open.

The black-haired man glanced to his side, where Kajii was slumped over, his arms on the table and head laying in them. He was passed out and murmuring to himself—listing off names of explosives like it was a shopping list. Akutagawa tutted, "No ones going gonna be more drunk than him." He said, sending a judgemental glare towards the man who had passed out on the table. Couldn't he have an inch of class?

Aki chuckled as Tachihara held up his champagne glass, "Jokes on you, brother. My only objective of the night is to get more drunk than him," He announced, a large grin on his face. He pulled his mouth downwards, looking over his shoulder. "That and to stay the hell away from Elise so she doesn't keep stepping on my toes." He added, a shudder rolling through his body. The little girl had been standing all over his feet whilst they had been dancing—and it hurt like a bitch.

"You're such a baby, Tachihara." Higuchi said through a laugh, cutting through the Red Velvet cake she had scooped onto a plate.

"She's right," Aki said, nudging the man sitting beside her, his suit jacket flung over the back of his chair. "You should be grateful a lady wants to dance with you." She teased, wiggling her brows at him.

Tachihara rolled his eyes, "I'd prefer it if the girls that wanted to dance with me were over the age of ten." He grumbled, sending the table into a fit of hysterics—Akutagawa even scoffed, but then covered it up by taking a sip of his champagne and closing his eyes.

Aki fanned herself down with her hand, "I'm going to get another drink." She said, her laughter dying down as she slipped out of her seat, getting to her feet. Everyone acknowledged her, telling her to hurry back—Tachihara had just gleefully suggested drawing a moustache on Kajii's face along with a monocle so that he would resemble Hirotsu—much to the older man's dismay.

Aki laughed to herself as she headed for the drinks table. There were endless glasses of champagne placed in rows, though there were gaps from where people had been taking the glasses. She reached for one, just as she felt a presence creep up behind her. Instead of her hands connecting with a champagne glass, another hand brushed against hers, slipping something in it. Within a second, the presence was gone, only allowing Aki to stare at the note that was between her fingers. She was more than aware of who the presence had been—she could feel it from a mile away. But she was curious about the note.

She glanced over her shoulder, watching where Mori was laughing at something Kouyou had said, paying no one else any attention. Aki turned to the paper, unfolding the note. Her lips parted as she read it before stretching into a small smile.

Meet me in my room. I can't stand to be apart from you—not when you're wearing that dress. — C.

Aki ripped up the note and dropped it into the bin beside the table. She glanced across at the table where her colleagues were laughing amongst themselves. She smiled a little. And then headed for the exit.