Pomefiore

(Image Artist on Tumblr: jinnseigame)

You knew what you wanted to see, after all it's exactly what brought you here in the beginning. To this odd fancy shop, looking something like a gothic romantics dream, its odd mosaic tiles and the faint smell of wood and metal. You turn to the giddy Owner, who's eyes look bright behind her pink mask as she waits for you as patiently as she could.

Which isn't much seeing how the tip of her heels drag back and forth into the carpet of the floor.

"I want to see the Pomefiore Collection," You tell her, pointing to the halls past the painted murals of twisted apple tree's. The manager, who's name you should care to check their name tag, nods eagerly. She tucks away her duster into her dress, leaving no dent of it.

She swings her hands towards the halls in a grand gesture,"Right this way! This way! Here you'll see quite the beauties that not even Royal Sword Automation can boast about!" She trills like a bird, already having her hand behind your back not touching you but still urging you into the hall.

You wisely keep your mouth shut about the Neige Unit. You only saw pictures of the Vil Unit, and God, someone must have been in a good mood to make him. The Vil Unit is notoriously expensive, and you heard of people even willing to get into debt for him, not that you could understand. Really what android is worth that pain?

Biting your lip in excitement as you pass the murals of apple groves, at some point the budget of this company comes true as the tree branches emerge slowly out of the walls of the hall— now it feels like a small forest. As the leaves look glossy and true, branches touching you remind you of hands. At some point the hall ends at heavy doors, a bit dramatic but it adds flavor to the anticipation of the androids of Pomefiore.

The manager pats her dress, looking and peeking into her clothes as if trying to find something. You wait patiently, but you have to admit the manager is scatterbrained. The Owner mumbles in wonder, looking into her sleeves and her apron finding nothing but lint and her invoices. She pats her hair in distress but feeling a bump in her bun, she lets out a loud triumphant cry.

"Oh! I found it! Silly me!" she giggles pulling a golden key, slim and with an odd oval handle, out of her hair bun. You grimace seeing she had to tug it out.

"Ow! Okay, prepare to be amazed!" The manager speaks in her grand voice, with you politely clapping."Here the beauties of Pomfiore have no rivals! The amazing trio!"

With a soft click of the door, the loud creaks of the heavy doors give way to soft wisps of purple smoke, the room was dark with a faint gleam of marble pillars. Unlike the lower floor displays, these glass cases lay flat, their androids resting with their hands over their chests like a display of the sleeping soundly in their glowing coffins that glitter. In a way, you are reminded of the stories of sleeping princesses hidden in towers, awakened by true love's kiss. In the darkness of the room, deep indigo tapestries hung above them, an apple, a bow, and a crown.

The manager watches you walk with a dazed look in your eyes as you find yourself drawn to the coffin-like display, glass with lights beneath, soft as the first snow. Staring at the display of a sweet face android, hair like lavender strewn across his pillow, eyes shut with lashes longer than your nails and soft pink lips. His clothes are like a kimono, like you say as there is an obvious difference in its style, with black sleeves covering his hands. His slim hands crossed over his waist with apple blossoms held between his hands. You wanted to see his eyes but that would be creepy to demand.

So you settle looking over him, wondering about his eyes, almost forgetting yourself as you touch the glass that felt warm. As you stare at them you don't hear the faint noise of metal squeaking.