Chapter 39

I took my time showering that night while she waited for Mom's call. Hmmm...who knows...something might happen, I need to be ready.

Afterwhich, I wore my black sleeveless sando, cotton pants and repeatedly checked myself in the mirror before going out. I walked out of our room and saw her patiently waiting on the sofa.

Kaagad akong tumabi sa kanya. I dropped my arms around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me.

"Mom didn't call yet?"

She shook her head but her phone suddenly rang. Mom is calling and she quickly answers it.

"Nanay!" The twins exclaimed in excitement. They were already wearing their jammies and ready to go to bed.

"Nanay, marami po kaming napasyalan and we eat lots and lots of food po!" Thiago narrated excitedly.

I am sure that they are already exhausted from all their all day activities but I guessed they are just too hyper to tell their stories.

"Tatay, behave po kami and we also eat our veggies." I couldn't help but smile while they continued their stories.

We took our time listening to their stories hanggang si Mama na ang kausap namin.

"Sevie, we will still have an activity for tomorrow, pwede bang after lunch ko na lang ibalik ang mga bata?"

Napangiti naman ako. I looked at her and she is now smiling too.

"Of course po, wala pong problema."

Mom was so relieved after hearing her answer. She continued narrating what happened too and after which nagpaalam na kami sa isa't-isa. It's just almost nine and this is still early for me but since I started leaving here, the early sleep schedule wasn't that bad. Especially for the kids, of course.

The kids bid their goodbyes and I love you's and we ended the call right after. I looked at her as her vision remained on the screen.

"You missed the kids already…" I concluded while looking at her.

She gave me a warm smile. "It's fine. Tito and Tita are with them." She assured me.

She then stood up and stretched a little bit. "Inaantok na ako, medyo pagod ako kanina. Matulog na tayo."

I swallowed hard. "We'll sleep now?" I asked carefully.

She quickly nodded. Without hesitation at all.

I sighed heavily. This is fine. I could wait. It's not that I am expecting anything.

Kaya naman wala na akong nagawa ng naglakad na kami papasok sa kwarto. I checked the doors first and then locked them properly. Nang masigurado ko nang maayos na ang lahat ay saka ako sumunod.

She is now lying on the bed while I locked the door. I also checked the aircon temperature and joined her in bed.

I pulled her waist closer to mine as I snuggled her. Which I think is just a very bad idea.

Just her smell alone could send me to the edge. This is such a bad idea. I could feel my body heating up and she is not even doing anything.

I swallowed hard as my hold on her waist tightened. But why can't we do it though? The kids are out...and we are alone...in our bed and haven't done it for years.

Fuck! She is tired. She worked all day. I shouldn't question and act like this. I am not a teenager who can't handle his libido. Or maybe I should go to the comfort room and let out the heat that I am feeling.

I wanna smacked myself for thinking that way. No. I am just acting like a pervert right now. This won't do me good.

I breathed in deeply, calming myself. I could do this. Matatapos rin ito. The night will be long but I will be able to endure it.