𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 4

I wore a tight black lace tube top, low-waisted bootcut jeans, and plain back and white Converse. I straightened my long dark hair and put on light makeup, trying to be as comfortable as possible. Shelly was behind me, putting stuff in her hair. She was wearing a short tight purple dress and Doc Martins. She had large silver hoop earrings and shimmery purple eyeshadow to match her dress. 

"Are you ready?" I asked, turning to face her. 

"Yeah. Let me grab my phone." She grabbed her phone off of her bed and shoved it into her small shoulder bag. We headed out of the dorm and immediately heard loud music down the hall. We went to the dorm is the loudest music and got our first drink. 

"This is fun!" I yelled into her ear so she could hear me over the music. 

"I know! I'm so glad I got you as a roommate!" She said back, chugged her drink, and began dancing. She pulled me to the center of the room where a few other people were dancing. I swallowed the rest of my drink and set my cup on the counter before nearly falling from Shelly's pulling. 

It was so loud, but so much fun. I haven't felt this alive in so long. Shelly smiled and held my hands, dancing with me. I began laughing and so did Shelly. We continued dancing for a while longer, but I felt this presence near me. It was a weird feeling, so I stopped dancing and looked around. 

"Tom and Bill are here!" Shelly said, pulling me as she walked over to Bill and Tom. So that's what it was, it was just Tom. 

"Hey, it is so loud in here! Where are the drinks?" Bill said, looking around. 

"On the counter over there!" I said pointing to the bottles of alcohol on the counter. 

"Awesome!" Bill walked over to the drinks and started pouring random things into a cup. I looked back over to Tom, but he was already looking at me. 

"Hey, there's a guy over there who's been staring at me the whole night, I'm gonna go talk to him!" Shelly ran off to a weird man and began talking to him. 

"So you took my advice on dressing sexy I see?" Tom said, smirking and looking my body up and down. 

"Maybe just a little bit. Do you want to get a drink?" I asked. He nodded and we walked over to the alcohol, where Bill was already kissing some girl. "That was quick," I said laughing and looking back at Tom. 

"This is typical for him. He always finds some girl at a party. I do too, but not this quickly. I'm obviously the better-looking brother, but there's something about him that girls like more I guess." He shrugged and poured two drinks for us. We sat down against an empty wall and slowly drank. 

..........

A lot of drinks and a few dorms later, I was totally drunk. I wasn't sure if Tom was dunk, he acted perfectly normal, but we went up to the rooftop of the building and sat there, feeling the breeze and I tried to sober up. 

We talked for a while and he told me his last name was Bennett. He was 10 minutes older than Bill and they were from Leipzig, Germany. He liked to play guitar in his free time. 

"Savannah," Tom said quietly, looking at me. I looked into his eyes and smiled. 

"Yeah?"

"Let me take you out. On a date." He brushed his thumb on my hand. 

"Why?" I asked, still smiling. 

"Because I like you."

"You don't know me. How can you like me if you don't know me?" 

He looked frustrated and said, "Then let me take you on a date and get to know you."

I took up from where we were sitting and began to walk away. "Tom, I'm drunk. I can't answer this right now. It might not be a good idea. Wait a little while longer to ask." My back was turned to him and I was heading to the door. 

Tom came up behind me and turned me around to face him. He backed me up into a wall and pinned me there. His face was angry and tired. He closed his eyes and when he opened them, his kindness returned. 

"Say yes." He demanded but in a sweet tone

"What if I say no?" I asked, looking deep into his eyes with a serious face. 

"I won't allow you to. Say yes, don't make this difficult." His accent was even thicker, his voice was deep and scary. 

"Yes," I was nervous. I didn't really want to say yes, I wasn't ready to go out with Tom yet, but he scared me. 

"Good. I'll pick you up Saturday at 7." He kissed my cheek and walked away