You See Him Again.

You didn't want to socialize or even leave the house, but one of your mortal friends needed you to go on a double date, which you didn't like but understood. Sisters took care of each other, and it was better to have backup to 'whoop ass', as Wukong often liked to say, than to be alone. You didn't completely pay much attention to the male you were basically on a blind date with. He was okay-looking and as interesting as any other tall and handsome foreigner. You couldn't remember much of what he told you... Like his name, how he knew your friend's date, where he was from and why he was visiting China.

You never expected they would take you both to a puppet show, though. It seemed childish and when you really looked at them, they acted the part a bit too well. He swore that it was the best show they'd seen, but you were only interested when you saw the flier your friend's date had. It was a shadow play... which was much different from a simple puppet show in your opinion.

Ever since your meeting with the emo monkey man, you always thought of Macaque whenever you're in the dark, staring somewhere only to discover it was the shadow of something, or happened to see something that reminded you of him. Did you maybe need to see a doctor? Potentially. Regardless, it was safe to say he'd plagued your mind and, unbeknownst to you, it was just as much as you plagued his.

Before the play started, you caved and decided to get a helping of popcorn and a drink, something your friend complained about since you'd refused when they were buying earlier. Your journey to and from the line and back was infected with Macaque and almost made you order a popcorn with Pepsi instead of popcorn and a Pepsi.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to today's shadow play,"

You couldn't stop yourself from smiling to yourself. You'd only heard it when you'd first met, but you knew that voice from anywhere. He seemed to be using a human disguise and since the boys liked the plays, you guessed that he did them often.

"You like these too? You seem excited," you didn't know if it was your date or your friend who spoke.

"You can say that," you trailed off.

It was a brief moment, but Macaque's gold eyes locked onto your (e/c) ones and his smirk grew before he continued.

"For the new viewers, I will start with the tale of the Hero and the Warrior," and he did. You were no fool. You could tell that the story was based on him and Wukong. A hero that left his friends behind after obtaining immense power... yeah, that sounded like Wukong, alright. You loved Wukong like a brother, but sometimes he got too caught up in himself that he frequently forgot about others, it was something you noticed in MK too.

"Now, I can tell you about the Goddess," his voice broke you out of your thoughts, and you noticed he looked at you when he said goddess.

Your heart was already beating quicker knowing he was there, but when you heard his new story of a goddess the Hero once served, and had both him and the Warrior smitten, you knew that you were the goddess reference. He didn't even try to hide that from you... your brain was then quick to notice something; Macaque insinuated that both he and Wukong were smitten with you the second you met.

"This one is so adorable and tragic at the same time," your friend swooned, and you rolled your eyes at the hopeless romantic.

"It's kinda boring..." Yeah, you sort of forgot he was there and his hate for romance? It was never gonna work out. Maybe you took it to heart most because it was about you... The thought almost made you want to laugh.

When the show was over, the few people that were there applauded, you included. You thought your friend's standing ovation was a bit of an overdo, but eh, who were you to judge? You met eyes with Macaque once more before he turned and walked away. Not wanting to miss the chance, you stood up.