XXV. Cursed

The world mourns alongside the blessed one. It unleashes a melancholic rain from the sky and whispers of wind that echo their first meeting when the grey night sky of Tokyo once wept raindrops, the darkness of the moon mourned, and clouds masked the shine of stars.

    It was silent as Gojo Satoru cradled (y/n) (l/n)'s body in his arms. Infinity no longer radiated around his skin- not when grief racked his body and a plethora of emotion was not contained by his cursed energy. His fingers push her rain-soaked hair away from his face, and his eyes search hers' with a wild desperation. He tries to remember the exact shade of her irises, but her warm hue is beginning to fade.

    Every movement he makes is sporadic. He is desperate for her touch, desperate to feel his skin against hers'. He is desperate for more time, desperate to see her for longer. Yet, her body is beginning to fade away such as that of a curse's. She is no longer a human. Now, she is simply a curse that is meant to be exorcised.

    When her eyes flutter weakly, the rain momentarily ceases, and the winds no longer blow. The world holds its breath in anticipation for the words that she will bless with her lips. No one other than Gojo Satoru is the most anticipatory of all. He leans in close, drinking her presence as though he were a man dying of thirst and she was holy water.

    "You got them all, didn't you? Well, that's expected of the strongest Gojo Satoru, isn't it?" She manages a weak laugh, and masterfully conceals the pain that seizes her chest.

    While she had hoped that her wording would go unnoticed, Gojo would not allow her to speak in such a manner before him, "I am not the strongest. We are the strongest. You are not dying, (y/n). If I were truly the strongest, I could've protected you. But I couldn't- I failed. It's clear that-"

    Gojo pauses as (y/n) presses her finger against his lips. When she moves her hand, she flicks his chest, right over where his heart lies breaking and whispers, "You use this, and not-" she taps his forehead- "this. That is why you are strong."

    While it was not her intention, hearing the words he had once spoken with bitterness only twisted his soul with regret. He wanted to respond, to tell her that he was wrong, but the light was fading from her eyes and the grief that tore across his body would not cease.

    Beneath the mourning rain, he understood. Infinity did not linger around his body, but her Void would still have allowed them to touch. The universe had created them for each other, to be able to touch, to understand. And even then, they are out of time.

    As humans do, no word can be understood more than an act. Gojo's palm cups her face, his thumb drying a tear that lingered in the corner of her eye. He leans over her body, and presses his lips against her's. His eyes flutter shut as their kiss stretches into a momentary eternity, to a universe where both souls could coexist.

    From their embrace, he releases his cursed energy. Slowly and surely as the lull of a lullaby, it washes over her wounds and covers her body. He worships her flesh as the holiest of beings, and only allows his touch to remain her link to the cursed earth. But now, she must be released, and freed from the sins that keep humans on the ground. The sin of life was one that she no longer must endure.

    (y/n)'s body glowed cerulean, crimson, and violet. Only the shades unleashed by Gojo Satoru would be the last ones to grace her skin. His aura encompassed her body as it began to fade. Her skin began to drift like ebony leaves in the wind. Her flesh danced into the air. Her bones swirled along the ground.

    As a curse, she was simply dust, and to dust she shall return.

    Gojo Satoru did not weep as the final remnants of her lingering soul vanished. He pushed himself off the ground and stood tall. It was a final salute- a farewell that he hoped to remember with fondness. He would do her one final grace by keeping her wish and staying strong.

    He could sense when her presence was no longer with him. The universe tipped with an imbalance, where only one sole sorcerer could tip the scales. For the presence of the strongest now stood with one, and Gojo Satoru had the power to determine the fate of billions.

    The rain began to cease, and the clouds opened up to reveal the glittering night sky. Darkness had swallowed the land, but somewhere among the stars, (y/n) will remain. Cursed to die without a body, but blessed to live in the heavens.

    Although (y/n) had been the one cursed, her body defiled and her flesh ruined by Ryomen Sukuna, Gojo Satoru was cursed in his own way. For he was cursed to have an equal, just for the universe to rip her away from him. He was cursed to grow, understand, and love- but only for a whisper of a forgotten time.

    There was no body for Gojo Satoru to bury as he stood alone in the ruined forest. His head hung low as his eyes stared where her body once laid. The shadow of her body marked a presence on the earth, but it was much more evident in the hollow parts of his soul.

    Nothing of (y/n) (l/n) remained but three fingers of Sukuna and the memories that Gojo Satoru holds in his heart. For love is the most twisted curse of them all, and only Gojo Satoru could stand as a testament to the most primal of sins. Only Gojo Satoru remained the strongest.

Author's note: Thank you so much for keeping up with this story all the way to its end! Cursed will always have a special place in my heart, and I hope it touched you too! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter. The epilogue will be the final update :')