02. the devil works hard, but he works harder (seriously)

sweat stuck to his back, developing muscles peeking through the drenched cloth, prominently defined and jutting out. the poor excuse of a tank top left practically nothing to the imagination, accentuating alter's well earned curves and sharp angles.

crashing into the floor, the boy feels his lungs quench and squeeze out the little oxygen roaming around; his eyes wrinkle in pain as he squeezes for the savings of an angel. it doesn't come, go-figure.

a grimace etches itself onto thin lips, abdominal muscles tensed and burning after being pushed to their limits. ohhhh fuck, he shouldn't have increased his reps. nope. not at all.

he's dying. physically. internally. mentally. all of the above. whatever else you could name—basically, his soul has ceased to exist. sooo... yeah, maybe not one his finer moments in life considering it was only recently he resumed his regular visits to the gym.

...okay, thinking back to it now, this definitely was a bad idea; but sue him! he was never one to back down from a challenge. especially when it came from some cocky, purple haired baboon with a face and body chiseled by the fucking gods.

no, seriously; why the hell was yeo-dan stupidly good-looking? and that's coming from himself, the alter. he is very well aware about his own attractiveness and enticing features, thank you very much.

bless his parents' genes alongside the blood, sweat, tears, and probably even pieces of his sanity he begrudgingly parted with to stay fit.

his pain deserves that much credit.

anyways, point being: fuck yeo-dan. seriously. that annoying swine has not gone through even a miniscule of the muscle cramps alter has to be permitted such muscles. like, the amount of cheat days this guy has and he still looks like that?!

genuinely fuck him.

feeling a hand clamp over his shoulders, alter sighed. drawn away from his thoughts and internal hostility, he lazily glances upward at the owner of said limb.

"nice job."

"i should've just taken the 50,000 won."

yeo-dan huffed, amusement intertwined within his breath. "that's not very like you," he laughs, planting himself onto the bench next to alter.

"yeah, and it's also not very like you to be tossing out your money randomly for bets." alter ruffled his damp hair before tilting his head, curious, to meet yeo-dan's gaze. "i guess we're both a little off today."

he scrutinized the older male, an inquisitive stare scanning the figure up and down. "what's up with that anyways, huh?"

the latter responded with a dismissive shrug, turning away and starting to gather the belongings at his feet instead.

alter studies the boy, yeo-dan's tense muscles and taut posture, his fingers rigid and tight as they clenched around a purple water bottle; the liquid content swishing around like a typhoon at sea. "ooookay, something's definitely amiss. what gives?"

"nothing."

"you're a terrible liar. never become an actor."

"seriously, nothing is wrong."

alter is persistent. "your sister? grades? student council? school? me?" seeing yeo-dan simultaneously somehow freeze and flinch; alter knew he hit nail.

"so it is something to do with me. damn, i didn't know you were that obsessed."

"i am not!"

alter snickered. he was aware yeo-dan didn't swing that way so it's not that he doesn't believe him.. but his explosively, startled reaction was quite the surprise compared to his general aloof demeanor. clearly, something more was there. (he will be getting back to that at a later date)