Forty-Six

*Travis's p.o.v*
It was Christmas Eve. We had been at the lodge for four days and I couldn't mistake the love in Lily's eyes every morning when she woke up to the snow.

There wasn't a lot of things that made me scared or nervous. I was pretty damn tough in that regard but planning this engagement? Fuck.

I don't know why I was nervous, I knew Lily would say yes it was more about making sure that I got this right.

There was this seperate lodge at the back of the property. It was a small wooden cabin that had a bathroom, a big bed. There was a couch and double doors that led out to a decking area.

I enlisted the help of some staff from the lodge.

Lily was busy with my mum and so I took the opportunity to go check on everything.

The place was beautiful already but I got rose petals on the bed that had brand new silk everything. I got them to put fairy lights all over the place because Lily loved them.

The decking had a table that was all set up for a dinner. Just the two of us.

After four days of constantly having someone in our faces or around us. I wanted and needed to get my girl alone. I wanted to propose with just the two of us and have a night where we could have dinner, relax.

At 7pm it was just getting darker and the fairy lights were turned on. The candles were lit outside. I went up to the main lodge to find Lily. She was reading a book by the fireplace.

"Hey beautiful" I said leaning over her

"Hey handsome" she said smiling up at me

"Do you want to come for a walk?" I asked

"Sure. I was just about to text you. I didn't know where you were"

Lily put her book down and I held her hand.

We walked out and those nerves filled me.

I took her down the snowy path towards the cabin.

"Can you close your eyes?" I asked

Lily looked at me.

"I sure can babe but why?"

"You'll see. Close them"

Lily closed them I started to guide her down the path further. I opened the cabin door and walked her in. Then I stood her in the middle of the room.

"Keep them closed"

I went to the bed and from under the pillow I took the ring box before I moved in front of her and I got down on one knee.

"Lily" I said

"Yes babe?" She asked

"You can open your eyes"

Lily opened them and she immediately gasped seeing me knelt like that holding out a diamond ring.

Her eyes immediately watered and she covered her mouth with a shaking hand.

"Lily, will you marry me?" I asked

Tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Yes. Of course" Lily said with a shaky voice.

"Give me your hand baby girl"

She dropped it down to me and I took the ring out before sliding it onto her ring finger. It looked beautiful on her.

"Travis" Lily started to cry

"Come here"

She got on her knees and shuffled over to me. I took her into my arms and she sobbed into my shoulder.