1. Annual Royal Dinner

January 2021

I'm currently in my room to get prepared for another royal dinner. We host one every year.

Lisa (L): Your highness, your dad wants to talk to you.

I sigh but nod. I already know what this talk is going about. Anyways, I take one more look in the mirror before I make my way to my dad's office. The guards are opening the doors for me and I see him sitting on his desk looking at newspapers. It's always important to him what the world talks about our family.

Elisabeth (E): You wanted to talk to me, dad.

I curtsy to show him my respect. He looks up and checks my outfit from head to toe.

King George (KG): My dear, there are coming a lot of good men attending the dinner tonight. I want you to talk to them, please.

E: Dad..

I sigh. It's always about meeting a potential husband. He doesn't talk about anything else anymore. Only because I'm 23 already, doesn't mean I have to marry, right?

KG: You know, it's time for you.

E: Of course, dad.

I curtsy and go back to my room to finish my look. All of my housewife's are helping me. It always feels a bit weird that so many people are helping me to get ready, but that's my life. As soon as I'm ready I go with my whole family outside to pose for the media and greet some guest.

I walk to my seat and can't believe who I see. I get annoyed and roll my eyes. I know that's only because of my dad.

E: August.

I say cold and sit down next to him, not giving him a look. My dad wants me to marry him so bad. He thinks he's the best man I could get. But what he doesn't know - I don't wanna love anyone. Why should I? I can be a single woman and could be a great princess. You don't always have to marry.

Duke August (DA): I haven't seen you in a while, beautiful.

E: Well, royal duties take their time.

I put on a smile and take a sip of my wine, while looking around to see who else is attending the dinner.

DA: Would love to repeat our last date.

He takes my hand but I quickly remove it until I notice the serious look of my dad. He's watching me the whole time. I put on a even bigger smile and turn to August.

E: Would love to.

DA: Perfect.

He gives me a kiss on top of my hand. I fake smile to him and put my hand quickly back on my lap. While he keeps talking to me, I still check out the other guest, not really listening to August. Suddenly I notice a man and can't stop looking at him. He talks to two others men before he notices my look. He gives me a little smile. We have eye contact for a few minutes, before he goes away.

E: Sorry August, I need to go.

I quickly stand up and follow the mysterious boy outside the palace. I looked around everywhere but unfortunately I couldn't find him anymore. I kinda get sad and stop on the terrace looking to the big royal garden. He had some magic, and I couldn't get his face out of my head.

??: You looking for someone?

I hear a soft voice behind me which makes me turn around quickly. It's him. He's standing right infront of me. His eyes. Wow. I hold my breath, how can someone look so gorgeous?