20. Public

It's been two weeks since Charles and I went official. We've been together since that because Charles is on a three weeks break until the next race. We cuddle in my bed, when I remember that I still need to meet Charles mother and his brother Lorenzo. We didn't make it yet because being a royal can be really stressful.

E: I still need to meet your mom and Lorenzo.

C: How about today?

E: Yes, sounds good to me.

We cuddle a little while longer and start to make up as it knocks on the door. The guards are opening the door and Simon is walking inside.

S: Sorry, but we have a little problem. I need your help Elisabeth. Madeline and I are going to an event for dad since he's a bit sick.

E: Guess, you need help with Liam and Anna?

S: Could you? I mean you don't have arrangements today, right? They have been with Sara [note: their nanny] the whole week. I don't want them to be with her again.

Simon and I hated to be with the nanny's. He always makes sure they can schedule the meetings so Madeline can be with the kids. I look over to Charles who shrugs his shoulders with a little smile. I feel bad. I think I'm disappointing him. We've been together for a month now and I haven't meet his mom yet. Charles notices my glance and gives me a nod.

E: Okay, yeah, we could do something fun.

S: Thank you, I own you both something.

He smiles and leaves. I immediately turn to Charles.

E: We're going tomorrow, promise.

C: No worries, princess. How about the beach?

I hear in his voice how upset he got. I feel even more bad but nod. I'll meet his mom soon. I have to make it for Charles. He's always there for me.

E: I still wanna meet your mom. I'm sure she's adorable.

He only gives me a kiss and we make our way to Liam and Anna after I let Lisa know, we want to go the beach today.
Liam runs right into Charles arm who picks him up.

Liam: Uncle Charles, are we going to the beach?

My heart drops. Did he called him Uncle?

E: Liam, what did you just say?

L: I asked uncle Charles, if we're going to the beach?

He looks at me confused and shrugs. How adorable is he? Charles tells him about the plans and he tousles through his hair. Liam and Anna follow Ryan and three other bodyguards happy to the car. I go after them next to Charles.

E: She said Uncle.

He grins and puts his arm around my shoulder while walking. He gives me a kiss on the hair. We all get into the car and make our way to the beach.

As we arrive we can see a lot of paparazzi waiting for us. Charles shows them to me.

E: Well, welcome to the royal life. You'll never be alone again.

C: Alright, I'll get used to this kind of level of getting followed around.

He laughs and we kiss us. Ah, I can't stop kissing that man. He's amazing. We take Liam and Anna out of the car. Our bodyguards were in the car behind us, because we want to give Anna and Liam a normal life where we drive them around and not their bodyguards.

E: Let Anna stay in your arm. They're getting scared otherwise.

I teach Charles how to act in this kind of situation. I went out with Anna and Liam from time to time and that's the best way to protect them. Our bodyguards go wide around us.