Chapter 1

Ezra's father, Thomas knew it was time to tell Ezra to tell him about his decision since Ezra's job as Damien's personal guardian would begin by tomorrow.So Thomes yells out for his son:„EZRA!GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!".

Ezra hears his fathers yelling and sighs not even surprised by it since his father has always been like that.So Ezra gets out of his room, his heavy footsteps approaching the living room.Ezra's father looks up as Ezra, a boy with messy brown hair,dark brown eyes and with heavy bags under his eyes.He has bruises all over his body, his figure is still muscular since he always has to carry and help his father with heavy boxes and things like that.As Ezra enters the room his father immediately goes to his point:„Ezra, you'll be a guardian at the royal family Nightingale's castle!To be exact you'll be the personal guardian of the prince, Damien Nightingale!".Ezra immediately flinches and his eyes widen by the mention of his childhood „I won't!Why the hell would I?!", he immediately exclaims, which made his father boil in anger and walk over to his son, grabbing his by his collar and smacking him across the face.„You better do as I say, young man!And bring some good money back home!We need it!", Thomas yells and shoves his son against the wall making him fall to the ground and groan in pain.„Now, start packing you brat.You're going to the castle tomorrow.And cover up those damn bruises!You hear me?!", Ezras father demands and leaves the room, leaving his son on the ground in pain.Fully in pain Ezra manages to get up and goes to his room where he immediately starts packing up all his things and puts his in a suitcase.Then he gets ready for bed and goes to sleep.

The next morning Thomas wakes up Ezra by shaking him roughly and kicking his bed.„Get up brat!Its time to go to the castle!", he doesn't speak any further and leaves the room expecting his son to obey his orders, which Ezra does and gets ready so he quickly changes into some not really revealing clothes so his bruises are covered up then he quickly puts on some dirty shoes and a broken coat, which are the only shoes and coats he still has.Then he quickly takes his suitcase and leaves the room to his father.On his way there he runs into his younger brother, Lucas, who smiles at him and hugs him.Ezra smiles back and heads to his father, in the living room.His father looks at him with disgust and throws a pair of clean shoes and a new coat at him:„Atleast wear something that doesn't make you look homeless...".Ezra quietly nods and changes then the two head out on the street.

The street is filled with some people, the richer bullying and threatening the poor ones.Thomes silently leads his son to the direction of the castle.On their way there Ezra sees the group of bullies who always bully him,taking his money and beating him up.Once they spot him, Jacob the main bully starts smirking and heads to him taking his friends him him.Once they reach him they corner him and as Ezra's father notices this he just stops walking and looks at Ezra annoyed.„Make it quick, Ezra", he orders and crosses his arms, not even bothering to help his son.„Ha!Look at that not even your own father cares about you!Youre really useless!", Jacob say and laughs along with his friends.Ezra sees his father already walking ahead and and yells out for him but his father keeps walking which made the bullies laugh even more then they were about to attack him but for the first time Ezra defended himself by using Kong fu what he learned from Damien, when they were kids.After that he continued training alone secretly.He quickly runs after his emotionless father who's standing infront of the gates of the Nightingale castle.Ezra looks behind the gates at the huge castle, it was about 30 meters tall not including the domes on the top.It had a huge fore- and backyard with plants,seas with fishes and stuff.From the father and his sons view yiu could see a lot of balconies as well.

A small "woahhh" left Ezras mouth.Suddenly Ezra's father grabs his son on his arm and drags him through the gates till they were infront of the castle, where some servants were holding the big door open.Then a butler guided them inside towards the huge living room, a Chandelier was hanging from the wall who was full on old drawings.Then they spotted Edward and his son sitting at the long dinner table in the middle of the room.

Damien, a boy with medium long black hair,pure blue eyes and is wearing his traditional sweater with a royal coat and some beige pants, saw them and waved at Ezra and his father towards them.His father noticed them too and stands up to shake Thomes hand.After that they all sit down together Damien and Ezra sat next to each other opposite from their fathers, who are quietly talking about the job as a guardian for Ezra.Suddenly the black haired young boy spoke up:„Ezra, shall I tell you the schedule and your tasks as my guardian?" , the boy asks which Ezra just answers with a silent nod.Damien stands up and motions his childhood best friend to do the same.

„I'll explain everything to you while I'll show you around the castle."