Chapter 3

Beth's POV
When I was done with my food I threw my plate away and went to my cell block and grabbed a towel and went into the shower area.

"Are you, are you, comin' to the tree, where they strung up a man, they say who murdered three, strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be, as we met at midnight in the hanging tree." I sung to the song from one of my favorite book trilogies: The Hunger Games. "Are you, are you, comin' to the tree, where I told you to run, so we'd both be free." I sung as I stepped into the shower and started washing. "Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be, if we met at midnight in the hanging tree. Are you, are you, comin' to the tree-"

"Where a dead man called out, for his love to flee." I heard a voice from behind me sing. I gasped and turned around seeing Daryl peep his head over the curtain.

"Daryl!" I shrieked and heard him chuckle.

"Sorry I wanted to take a shower." He said as he stood outside the curtain.

"There's other showers Daryl." I said.

"There are? Wow, would you look at that, there are." He said and I laughed at his stupidity.

"Yes there are other showers." I said.

"Well maybe I like what's inside of this one." He said and I froze. He's talking about me.

"What was that?" I smirked and turned off the water.

"What was what?" He said.

"Ass." I laughed.

He put his hand to his mouth as if he was hurt and offended by the name I just called him.

I laughed and reached for my towel only to find nothing there.

"What the hell?" I said.

"Okay I'm leaving." Daryl said and I see my towel in his arms.

"Daryl! Give me back my towel!" I said.

"You want me to give you your towel?" He said and I nodded.

"Okay, here." He said and held the towel out but leaned against the wall.

"I can't reach it." I said.

"Bummer." He said and I laughed.

"Daryl." I whined.

"You have to come and get it." He said.

"Daryl stop being a perv." I said.

"Stop? I haven't even started." He said and laughed.

"Daryl!" I said but he didn't budge.

I sighed a sigh of annoyance and humor. "Fine." He smirked triumphantly.

I took down the shower curtain and wrapped it around my body and walked over to Daryl smirking when I grab the towel.

"I win." I smirked.

"Really? What about when you drop the shower curtain to put on the towel, then I'll get a quick peek." He said.

As I went to put on my towel, I felt the shower curtain pulled away from me exposing my naked body.

"Daryl!" I gasped and held the towel over my body, wrapping it around all the while Daryl was laughing.

"Jackass." I smiled and made my way back to my cell block successfully without anyone seeing me because it's still breakfast time.

"Need help getting dressed?" Daryl asks as he follows me to my cell block.

"No thank you, I think I can handle it." I said as I put on my shirt, jeans and shoes. I put my hair in its usual way and put on my belt with my gun and knife.

"Okay I'm ready when you are." I said as I walk to the door of my cell where Daryl is.

"Let's go." He says and slaps my ass making me gasp.

"Did you just slap my ass?" I said but he just kept walking.

"Alright let's go. We'll be back soon." Daryl said to Rick as we got on his motorcycle.

"Alright. Be careful you two. Stay safe." Rick said.

"Will do." We said and with that we took off.

After about 30 minutes of driving, Daryl finally pulled onto the side of the road.

"Close your eyes." He said. I gave him a questioning look but obliged anyway. He drove for a few more minutes and then stopped.

"Alright get out and open your eyes." He said.

I did as I was told and opened my eyes and instantly gasped at the sight before me. It's like we aren't even in a zombie-infested world and its back in the normal days. A meadow with trees and bushes and flowers and grass surrounds a beautiful waterfall that falls down making it like a little, big pond.

"Daryl. How did you-wow I mean this is amazin'." I said.

"I was out by myself one time, just cruisin' and I found this place."

"You just found it? How? It's hidden by bushes and trees." I said still amazed.

"Well alright I was adventuring a little." He said.

"It's gorgeous!" I said and ran to the pond where the waterfall falls into.

"I'm goin' swimmin'." I said.

"But you just took a shower." Daryl said.

"So? I'll take another one or I won't. I'll bathe in the waterfall. It looks like pure water for the most part." I said. "Are you comin' or not?" I said as I took off my jeans and shirt and jumped into the pool.