Chapter 29: Bee Tells the Truth

Author's note: please give some suggestions what should happen next! i'm not sure how long this story will go for haha I want Bridget to go to a new private school for celeb kids & she befriends North Kardashian which is obvs concerning for Taylor

Lying in bed, I couldn't shake off my worry for Bridget. The house felt too quiet, too still. Travis, sensing my unease, wrapped an arm around me. "She'll be okay," he murmured, "just give her some time."

Just as I was beginning to relax, the door creaked open. It was Bridget, standing hesitantly at the threshold. Her eyes widened slightly when she saw Travis, and she took a step back, as if to leave.

"Hey, it's okay, Bee," I said quickly, sitting up. "You can come in. Is everything alright?"

Bridget shuffled her feet, looking unsure. "I... I just wanted to talk," she mumbled, her gaze flickering between me and Travis.

Travis sat up, understanding the situation. "I'll give you two some space," he said, giving me a reassuring smile before slipping out of the room.

Once he left, I patted the bed beside me, inviting Bridget to sit. "What's on your mind, sweetheart?" I asked, my heart aching to see her so troubled. I knew exactly what was on her mind, but made sure there was an open invitation to talk about anything she wanted.

Bridget crawled into bed beside me, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. She took a deep breath before beginning her story, her voice trembling slightly.

"It was all a setup, mom," she began, her words sending a chill down my spine. "They just wanted to ask me things about you... personal stuff."

I reached out, holding her hand, encouraging her to continue.

"They were so mean," Bridget continued, her voice breaking. "They said I was too fat to be a celebrity's kid. And they... they wanted to cut my hair. They said they wanted to ruin my photos for the paparazzi."

My heart sank with each word. I couldn't believe anyone would treat my daughter this way, use her to get to me.

"One girl tried to defend me," Bridget added, a faint glimmer of gratitude in her voice. "But they just shut her down. It was awful. I had to get out of there."

Tears spilled over her cheeks, and I pulled her close, my own eyes brimming with tears. "I'm so sorry, Bee," I whispered, hugging her tightly. "I'm so, so sorry you had to go through that. But let's make one thing very clear - you're not fat at all. Even if you were, it wouldn't change anything. We don't measure our worth by our physical size, understand?"

Bee shook her head, wiping her tears. We lay there for a while, holding each other, the pain and betrayal of the night weighing heavily in the room. It was a harsh reminder of the world we lived in, and the lengths people would go to get close to fame, even if it meant hurting an innocent child.

I quietly slipped out of bed, careful not to wake Bridget. I was surprised to see Travis was still here - he was asleep on the couch. I gently nudged him. His eyes fluttered open, concern immediately apparent on his face.

"Is everything okay?" he asked, sitting up.

I settled next to him, my heart still heavy. "Bee was set up at the sleepover," I said, the words tasting bitter. "They were cruel to her. They hurt her just because she's my daughter."

Travis's expression hardened, anger flaring in his eyes. "I can't believe this. Who does that to a kid? They need to be taught a lesson."

I placed a hand on his arm, trying to soothe his rising anger. "I know, I'm furious too. But right now, we need to be there for Bee. She's really shaken up."

He exhaled slowly, his anger giving way to concern. "Of course, you're right. How is she doing now?"

"She's asleep," I said, my voice softening. "She just needed to feel safe again. But it's hard. Seeing her hurt like that, knowing it's because of my life, my fame... it's a lot to bear."

Travis reached for my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "We'll get through this, Taylor. We're in this together, right?"

As Bee emerged from my room, Travis and I immediately looked up. In her small voice, she addressed Travis, "You can go back to the bedroom if you want."

I rose to my feet, my eyes searching Bridget's for any lingering signs of distress. "Are you sure you're okay, sweetie?"

Bee nodded, a hint of her usual spark returning. "Yeah, I just... Can you tuck me in, mom?"

I smiled, a wave of relief washing over me. "Of course, Bee."

We walked back to her room, the familiar routine of bedtime bringing a sense of normalcy. As I tucked her in, smoothing the covers and fluffing her pillow, I whispered, "You know you can always talk to me, right? About anything."

She looked up at me, her eyes soft and trusting. "I know, mom. Thanks."

After a gentle kiss on her forehead, I stepped back, watching her snuggle into her pillow. "Goodnight, Bee. Sleep well."

"Night, mom," she murmured, her eyelids fluttering closed.

I lingered at the doorway for a moment, watching her in the soft glow of the nightlight. As I gently closed her door, I turned around to see Travis stand nearby, a glimmer of admiration visible in his eyes.

"You know," Travis murmured as he put his arms around me, "this side of you.. this motherly side of you.. it's like magic."

I smiled, kissing him on the cheek. "There's a lot you don't know about me, darling."