Show Me Every Disobedient Thought That's Been Running Through Your Brain

Vanessa

"We need to talk."

As the four words that no one ever wants to hear slipped from Matt's mouth, I gripped the edges of the seat cushion. My knuckles turning white, I gulped before slowly nodding. "Yea, sure." My words came out shaky and I had to take a deep breath to steady my nerves.

Way to go, V. You've officially ruined the first relationship you ever had before it even had a chance to evolve into something genuine. As I exited his Jetta and walked up the sidewalk to his house, my knees feeling as though they were constructed of rubber, my brain ran through all the possible solutions I could implement to save myself from losing him.

A thought suddenly popped into my head, a lone glowing lightbulb in an otherwise bleak night. The red dress. Of course! How could I have forgotten? It was a scandalous idea, but it was nearly certain to do the trick. After all, hadn't such a preposterous and hare-brained scheme worked for me once before?

Once inside Matt's place, he directed me towards the living room, but I kept my feet firmly planted to the chevron rug that ran up the hall in the foyer. 

Shrugging off his leather jacket and hanging it from the coat hook, Matt turned to face me. "What's wrong?"

What's wrong? Is he joking? Oh, I don't know. How about the fact that you're gearing up to rip my heart out of my chest and squash it between your fingers, not even giving a shit that it's the difference between me living or dying? The thought was slightly dramatic but a world where I didn't have him in it, was one where I was as good as dead.

I gently patted the base of my throat, mustering out a small cough. "My mouth feels a bit dry. Do you think you could get me some water first?"

He gestured with his fingers for me to come follow him and I happily obliged, if only to prolong the inevitable for a minute or two longer. While he made work of opening a kitchen cabinet and extracting two glasses before filling them up at the tap, I hopped up onto the center island, setting off on my own task. I pulled out the Santa hat I had stowed away inside my purse, back when I had envisioned this evening playing out much differently.

Tugging the white fur trim over my head, I then made haste of unbuttoning my dress and pushing aside the fabric to reveal the lacey red lingerie that barely contained my breasts. The deep cut-outs in the leg revealed bare skin that went all the way up to my bikini line. Shaking out my hair, I waited for him to face me.

At the sink, Matt shut off the faucet before picking up the water glasses in both hands. As he turned around, his eyes bulged, and his mouth dropped open. The drinkware slipped from his fingers as though they were coated in Vaseline, tumbling to the linoleum with a smash.

"Oh...my God," he stammered. "Where did that outfit come from? Fuck..." His jaw worked open and closed as he stood there frozen. "How is it even possible for someone to be this hot?" He rubbed the back of his neck, a flush creeping up his cheeks.

Vanessa, you saucy seductress, you. You've done it! A slow mischievous smile spread across my lips at the sight of him practically panting. I mentally gave myself a clap on the back. Good work, girls, I silently praised my boobs as I cupped them. The action was enough to have Matt hurdling over the broken glass shards and throwing himself into my arms.

His lips closed the gap in between us, smothering me with kisses and taking all of me in with his tongue. He tasted of citrus, a stark contrast to the cedarwood aroma that wafted from his skin. A soft moan escaped his throat as I snaked my arms around his neck, pressing my breasts firmly to his chest. "Merry Christmas, handsome," I muttered against his mouth.