Avengers: part 7

INT. BANNER'S LAB - MORNING

[Fury walks in SURPRISED to see Tony and Banner stop working on the scepter.]

"You two should be working" Molly screeched and Tony and Bruce rolled their eyes.

NICK FURY: (ANGRY) What are you doing, Mr. Stark?

TONY: Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you.

NICK FURY: You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract.

BANNER: We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile.

"There's your answer"

TONY: And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss. (suddenly his monitor show a collection of SECRET FILES) What is PHASE 2?

[Suddenly, Steve drops a HYDRA ASSAULT RIFLE on the table causing Fury, Banner and Tony to turn around. Cap looks pissed.]

STEVE: PHASE 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons. (TO TONY) Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow.

Natasha sniggers she's still a little cold towards Steve for personal reasons.

NICK FURY: (trying to explain) Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're...

TONY: I'm sorry, Nick.

[Tony moves the computer screen towards Fury which shows plans of THE WEAPONS.]

TONY: What were you lying?

STEVE: I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit.

[At that moment, Thor and Natasha walk into the lab. Natasha keeps her eyes right on Banner. Banner looks at her, PISSED.]

BANNER: Did you know about this?

"Yes and no" Natasha answers 

NATASHA: You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?

BANNER: I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed.

NATASHA: Loki's manipulating you.

BANNER: And you've been doing what exactly?

NATASHA: You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you.

"You better not of" Tony whispers.

BANNER: Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction.

NICK FURY: Because of him. (pointing at Thor)

THOR: (STUNNED) Me?

NICK FURY: Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned.

THOR: My people want nothing but peace with your planet.

NICK FURY: But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled.

STEVE: Like you controlled the cube?

THOR: Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war.