✩ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 - 𝐓𝐰𝐨 ✩

Alessandra.R

It had been about 2 hours and a half since we had left,and we were finally getting ready to land at Berlin Brandenburg Airport. It had felt like an eternity and I was ready to get up already. I then felt as the plane made contact with the ground and we had finally arrived. The plane then parked in it's spot and the air hostess came over to instruct me of what to do. I nodded and thanked her as I undid my seatbelt and I got out of my seat. I took my fur coat from the overhead compartment and I held it as I got off the plane.

It was a lot colder here than in Sicily so I put my coat on,and another flight attendant came around with my suitcases.He handed them to me;I said thank you again,and then I walked to my transport vehicle which would take me closer to the airport from the plane's parking spot. It was just a regular car that was checkered in yellow and black,to show it was an airport vehicle.I put my suitcases into the trunk and I got into the backseat. There was a woman driving me and I saw her glance at me in her rear-view mirror. "Are you a celebrity or something?",the woman asked unexpectedly. "No,why?",I replied and she scoffed a bit as she continued driving...rude. "You're dressed so fancily for coming to an airport. Thought you might've been someone special,but I guess you're just spoilt.",she tried to joke and laughed to herself. I then quickly came up with something, "Well,I meant that I wouldn't consider myself a celebrity. I had a business deal just before coming to the airport and I had no time to get changed. I'm actually a successful Millionaire." I looked in the rear-view mirror to check for her expression;She was shocked and slightly lost for words,a smirk of satisfaction spread onto my face.She cleared her throat and spoke again,"Well,uhm...here we are." I nodded as the car came to a stop and I got out. I went to the trunk to grab my suitcases out and then I slammed her trunk shut. I walked away from the car and into the airport where I went up and down some escalators,until I eventually got to the passport control. I went up the the little cabin with a police officer sitting in it. I handed him my passport and I looked at him. "Hello.",I said in a relaxed but friendly way. He glanced down at my passport and then back up at me a few times,before sliding the passport back to me. I said thank you and I walked on,until I got all the way out of the airport.

As Marco had previously told me,there was an area of people where drivers stood with a sign for their customers.There was also a man that was dressed in a black suit and he had glasses on. He was tall and strongly built. He was bald,the only hair on him being his brown goatee beard and a small moustache. He held a sign that said "M",so I walked over to him and he looked directly at me. He didn't say anything-he just turned around and began leading the way to the airport parking lot. I followed behind,in silence as I followed Marco's instructions of not speaking. We finally arrived at a black Bentley GT S with tinted windows. The man took my bags and put them in the trunk of the car. He then got into the driver seat and I got into the passenger seat. He started the car and began driving through the lit up streets of Berlin. People were still out and about,and it was already very late at night.

I kept looking out the window,taking in every new surrounding that came by as the car kept moving,occasionally stopping at red lights. Slowly,it began trickling with water,which soon became heavier rain that tapped against the window. I felt sad once again. I didn't want to be forced into this...but I had no choice anymore. I sighed to myself and I noticed the car driving through a grand entry way,with huge gates that opened and closed. As we drove closer,I was amazed at the view in front of me- it was a huge mansion,with an entrance that was very hotel like. It looked more Fancy than modern,marble everywhere and huge windows. The car eventually stopped in front of the front doors. The driver turned to me and handed me two sets of keys. One was for the mansion,and the other was for what seemed to be a set of car keys. I took them and nodded as I got out the car,no words said.I then took my suitcases out of the trunk once again.