✩ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 - 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ✩

Tom.K

"Italian beauty.",I said to Alessandra and I smirked smugly,as I admired her;She was a gorgeous woman,and she had the body of a goddess. Suddenly I was snapped out of my thoughts as Bill began talking to me in German,so Alessandra wouldn't understand, "Tom I'm telling you that this girl is shady. I've got a bad feeling about her..." I look at Bill annoyed,and I roll my eyes slightly, "Bill,just give her a chance. We don't even know the girl yet..." Bill sighs,and I smirk as I put my hand on his shoulder for reassurance. "We don't even know if she'll just stay for the night to get some dick.",I tried to joke,and Bill began smiling at me whilst I laughed...But in all honesty,the bad feeling was mutual. It was as if,as soon as I began talking to her,a stone was dropped into my arms for me to carry-my whole body felt heavy and uneasy.

I then looked over at Alessandra,who I saw shifting in her seat a bit and sipping on her cocktail in silence. She didn't have much to say,as she didn't speak German,so in a way I felt bad. I cleared my throat as she had caught me looking at her. She smiled and looked at me in such a seductive way,that it actually made me nervous... However,I kept my cool and I leaned against the sofa as I sipped my Vodka. "So...what made you move here?",I said,and everyone around the table stopped their conversation to look at me and her: She wasn't showing any sign of discomfort or care for the attention,she was actually pretty confident which confused me a bit. She shrugged and looked around, "You know,business and stuff." She looked back at me and I began getting suspicious at her short,brief explanation. "What kind of business?",I ask curiously with a slightly more serious facial expression. Although her face was showing braveness and interest,I looked down at her hands which were now playing with the rings on her fingers in a slightly nervous way. I kept a mental note of that as I looked back up at her, "Well,currently I've began my own business. It's a makeup brand though,so you probably haven't heard of it." I furrowed my eyebrows a bit at her response,but I didn't want to show any sign of me doubting her,in case she was telling the truth. I didn't even know how else to question her about this topic,but luckily Bill stepped in, "Oh,I'm into makeup. Tell me the brand and I'll know what you're talking about.",he says with yet another fake smile-It was scary how it almost seemed believable. I saw her hesitate for a bit before speaking, "I actually am the CEO of Maybelline!" I looked at Bill for reassurance,but he seemed impressed with her, "Oh really? I absolutely love Maybelline!",he responded as he smiled at her. "I'm glad!",Alessandra responded as she took the last sip of her cocktail,before finishing it. "I'm gonna go get another drink. Do you guys want anything?",She asks as she gets up from the table,looking down at all of us. We all say no,and she nods before walking back to the bar.

Everyone around our table returns to their own conversations,and Bill taps me. I turn to him and he comes closer to me to whisper, "She's got to go Tom." I looked at Bill confused, "What do you mean she's got to go?" Bill then furrows his eyebrows,and his tone is serious, "I mean she's got to go! She is not the CEO of Maybelline. Trust me,I would know." "You're joking,right?",I respond,a look of pure shock and slight entertainment plastered onto my face. Bill shook his head and went on, "The CEO is some old guy named Robert...Hiatt I think it was? I've met him before at a Maybelline event." I raised my eyebrows and smirked, "See,this is why I love having you around. You know a shit ton of stuff that I don't know.",I say as Bill laughs,and I glance at Alessandra at the bar. My direction turns back to Bill as he continues, "Well what do we do with her?" I grin and raise my eyebrows slightly, "We keep her around." Bill obviously didn't like the sound of my idea as he furrowed his eyebrows and scoffed, "Tom are you out of your mind? What the fuck do you mean 'keep her around'?!" I chuckled at his reaction,which seemed to piss him off a bit more. "I mean,we keep her around and find out more about her; find out why she's actually here.",I say and lean my head cockily as I continue, "Now that we've found out this much,we might as well go through with this and find out more!" Bill sighed as he was totally over my 'dumb' ideas (which are totally not dumb). "Fine.",he says annoyed and I smirk as we realise that Alessandra is coming back with her drink.