Chapter 4

You woke up slowly, sleep clinging to the edge of your consciousness as you started to stir. You were warm and comfortable, the scorching late morning sun had broken through the window, basking you in its healing light. You cracked an eye open, vision sharpening into focus on the hard chest you were currently using as a pillow. Memories of last night came floating through your mind, explaining why you were currently wrapped up in the Espada's arms.

Closing your eyes you sighed in disbelief , hardly believing that you had slept with the abrupt creature, again. Thankfully you didn't feel too sore today, just a little mortified at the reality you were facing. Though you had to admit, it wasn't as awful as you had imagined, waking up in Grimmjow's arms. They wrapped around you, caging him to his chest as he slept, light snores blowing against the hair at the top of your head. It was rhythmic, soothing, feeling the rise and fall of his warm, smooth chest, breathing as easily as if you weren't laying all your weight on him.

You tried to sit up, attempt halted by the tightening of those muscled arms squeezing you tighter to his chest. Clingy bastard. You attempted to wriggle from under those arms when a light growl stopped your escape attempt. Peering up through your lashes, you could see that he was still asleep, eye brows furrowing unhappily . The last thing you wanted was for Grimmjow to wake with you cuddled in his arms, but the idea of him lashing out because you startled him awake was even less appealing.

"Grimmjow" you whisper softly, so not to startle the sleeping beast. His arms tightened in response, softly muttering something you couldn't decipher "Grimmjow". You repeated a little louder, poking him in the side. You winced as he jerked awake, nails digging into your back in response. The hardened look had already replaced the peaceful mask he wore when sleeping, eyes scanning over your face confused. There was a moment of silence as you stared at eachother, naked bodies pressed together at his unbreakable hold

"Get the hell off me" he spat, voice rough with sleep, shoving you off him unceremoniously. Unfortunately for you, he didn't throw you to the left where you would've landed on the unoccupied side of the soft bed. Instead you tumbled heavily to the cold wooden floor, hip breaking your rough fall. You had given an undignified yelp as the world rushed up to meet you in your rapid decent, groaning softly at the pain shooting through your hip.

Rage bubbled in your veins as you glared at Grimmjow, roughly pushing himself from the bed in search of his clothes. You couldn't wait to be rid of him. He was an uncivilised pig, brutish and with zero manners. Why had you agreed to sleep with him again? Should have let the asshole suffer. Everytime you feel you've gotten some sort of truce between you, he goes and does something like this. Grimmjow hastily pulled on his clothes, ignoring the burning death stare you sent his way from the floor.

Grimmjow was pissed. Again?! He had mounted that damn woman again?! What the hell was wrong with him, he had never succumb to his rutting seasons desires before. What the hell had this demon woman done to him? He didn't know much about Shinigami, but he knew they could use magic. Strange words that could heal you, bind you, attack you. Had she done something to him?

That must be it. She had somehow cursed him, it was the only explanation. She was weak, annoying, not someone he would willingly choose to sire his pups. The sooner they parted ways the better. A soft groan from the floor had his eyes snapping to you in an instant. You were naked, pitiful look on your face as you tentatively rubbed the forming bruise appearing on your hip. His anger was immediately extinguished, another feeling twisting in his stomach making him feel sick. A feeling he couldn't name, a feeling he hadn't felt before

Grimmjow rushed to your side, prompting you to grip hold of the blanket and rip it down off the bed, covering yourself with it. You watch on amazed as he crouched down in front of you, eyes fixated on the darkening bruise at your hip. Grimmjow tenderly brushed away the blanket hiding the spot from his view, eyes softening as he took in the mark blemishing your skin. A mark he hadn't intended on leaving on you.