F-Anne-tastic Morning

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

Anne stretched as sat up in her bed, her short brown hair a tangled mess above her head. Anne smacked her hand down onto her alarm clock to end the annoying beeping noises. She then rubbed her eyes, her vision slowly returning to her as she smacked her lips.

"Alright. Time to start the day." Anne said groggily as she stood up from her bed. She slowly but surely pulled her clothes out of her dresser and changed. After tossing her pajamas onto her bed she paused and picked them back up and folded them, knowing Hop Pop would scold her for just leaving them lying around.

As Anne left her room to make her way downstairs for breakfast, she spotted her little brother, Sprig, just leaving his room as well.

"Morning Anne." Sprig said groggily, rubbing his eyes. He already has his weird pilot's hat and goggles on over his extremely short orange hair, which didn't surprise Anne. Sprig wore the thing basically everywhere, "Is Polly awake?"

Anne just shrugged in response as she and Sprig made their way downstairs to the kitchen, where Hop Pop was making breakfast and Polly was sitting at the table waiting.

"Morning Anne." Hop Pop said, "Making eggs for breakfast. Think you could help set the table?"

"Sure, Hop Pop." Anne responded before pulling out some plates and forks and bringing them to the table.

"What took you two so long?" Polly asked as she bounced in her seat.

"Unlike you, Polly, we don't wake up a three in the morning." Anne replied as she set a plate and fork in front of Polly.

"Hey, I didn't wake up at three! I was up at five thirty-six." Polly responded proudly as she crossed her arms.

"That's still way too early." Sprig responded, causing Anne to laugh a little.

"Hot pan coming through!" Hop Pop announced as carried the pan of eggs to the table.

"I can get that for you Hop Pop." Sprig offered, trying his best to help his grandfather out.

"I appreciate the offer, Sprig," Hop Pop said as he slid a serving of scrambled eggs onto Sprigs plate, "but you don't need to worry about me as much. Even if my knees aren't as strong as they once were, I'm still plenty spry." It was true, Hop Pop was oddly energetic and spry for his old age.

"Yeah Sprig," Anne said through a mouth full of scrambled eggs, "Hop Pop isn't that old yet."

"Anne." Hop Pop said sternly, "What have we said about talking with your mouth full."

"Don't-" Anne was cut off by the death glare Hop Pop gave her. She then swallowed before meekly responding, "Don't do it."

"Good." Hop Pop responded before sitting down, "Now I hope you've remembered that your field trip to Amphib-Inc is today. So I want you on your best behavior."

"I remember Hop Pop. Marcy hasn't stopped talking about it for weeks." Anne said a little sarcastically.

"Why's she so excited? Doesn't she go there everyday?" Sprig asked with a slightly angry tone, still obviously upset he won't get to go.

"She's just excited that the class gets to go there." Anne responded as she finished up her scrambled eggs. Anne then brought her plate over to sink and washed it.

"Hey Anne, could you wash my plate too?" Polly asked as she held her empty plate above her head.

"Sure, ya little psycho," Anne said as she grabbed Polly's plate and ruffled her little sister's hair, causing Polly to squeal.