Comes Great Responsibility

Anne let out a sigh of relief as she swung through the city. It really felt soothing to soar through the air, catching herself just as she started to drop, only to be launched back up. It was the perfect stress reliever after the day she had. She knew she'd definitely be in trouble if Hop-Pop found out she'd snuck out, and she'd be in it even worse if he found out what she was really doing. But Anne decided to ignore those feelings as she swung, just letting the air rush past her.

Anne didn't want to admit it, but she did love spending her time in the denser parts of the city, even though Hop-Pop complained about the noise, Anne found it exciting. It's like the streets were alive were all the sounds that could be heard, and with Anne's new powers it felt like she was more aware of all the noises around her. Anne then hung off the side of a building, closing her eyes to take in all the sounds. A baby giggling, a street vendor selling their product, a couple having a conversation, a man screaming in a fit of road rage, the fire truck sirens blaring, the sound of people panicking. Wait a second.

Anne immediately opened her eyes, looking down the road and spotting the pillar of smoke rising above a small apartment building. She immediately swung closer to get a better look, clinging to the side of a nearby skyscraper and watching the firefighters work. She thought about stepping in for a moment, but decided it was best to leave this to the professionals.

That was until one man shouted out above the crowd, "MY DAUGHTER'S STILL IN THERE!"

Anne panicked as the man shouted, wondering what she could do.

The man then shouted a second time "SHE'S ON THE TOP FLOOR! PLEASE YOU HAVE TO GET HER OUT OF THERE!" More than likely in response to a firefighter asking him where his daughter is.

Anne hesitated for a moment, wondering if she should really step in. I mean, she was just a kid right? What could she do?

Then she heard a voice in the back of her head repeat a phrase she learned just that day, "With great power, comes great responsibility.".

"Right. I can do something. I've super powers, I have to help." Anne said to herself, before she leapt off of the skyscraper she was sticking to and swung down, right through one of the windows on the top floor of the building. As she dove in she could hear a gasp from the crowd, before the ceiling collapsed behind her.

Anne almost immediately started causing as soon as she entered the burning building, she didn't realize just how much smoke would be in the room she bursted into. Thankfully it seemed her mask shielded her eyes so she could see just fine. Anne tried her best to figure out where she was, and it looked like she was standing in the living room of the apartment.

Anne then heard an all too familiar voice shouting from behind a pile of rubble blocking what looked like a door, "Help! Please, someone, help me!" Gabby shouted between coughs. Anne looked panicked. She didn't expect someone who knew her to be stuck. She decided to try doing a voice to hopefully keep her identity hidden.

"It's gonna be fine!" Anne said in a somewhat awkward and deeper voice, "I'm here to help!" Anne then started to use her webs to pull the rubble away from the door so that she wouldn't get burned.

"Oh thank goodness, a firefighter! I'm saved!" Gabby shouted, making Anne cringe a little.

"Not exactly!" Anne replied, still doing a voice. At this point Anne felt she had cleared enough of the rubble to get to the door, "You might wanna step back for this part!"