XLI

Aɴ ᴇɴᴅʟᴇss ᴄʏᴄʟᴇ

M/n tilted his head at this but asked that she proceed with what she would say

M/n tilted his head at this but asked that she proceed with what she would say. However, she takes a deep breath, as if hesitating to say what she had to.
"What if you gave someone permission to create life as you did?"

"And if I did what of it?"

"What if after you suddenly disappeared and your permission was revoked by your second in command, which leads to punishment? A punishment that one such as myself would have to pay?"M/n frowned at this and asked why his very own command would be revoked upon his absence. It was startling to think that Asmoday was enacting her hatred upon his people.
"What happened?"

"Asmoday, she commanded that the creations you allowed for my predecessor to create, will dissolve into the waters for then shall their sins be cleansed...This means everyone who was changed from Oceanid into a more stable human form will be..."Focalors felt her heart clenching in her chest, her eyes downcast, the small woman was struggling.

M/n however was hit with a wave of memories and a new realization.
"The people of Fontaine will be merged into a single hive mind, never to be a singular being again. A faith most unsatisfactory..."M/n unconsciously takes a seat on what appears to be a throne that willed itself into the space. The memories are clearer than ever of the conversation had with Egeria and his approval for life to continue to prosper for her familiars.

Oddly enough, something else sparks into M/n's mind. A faint and overlooked detail that floods to the front of his mind! He stands quickly as if having the biggest ah-ha moment of his life!
"The primordial sea brought me back!"

"H-Huh?!"

"Oh, sorry about that. For some context, when I came back, I fell through a rift in the world I was reborn in! I remember it so clearly now when I fell, I went through some Star-filled dimension then another rift opened underneath me and dropped me back here. That dimension wasn't a separate dimension after all! I went through the sea but why didn't it take me back to Celestia? That is what I thought just now but...It redirected me to show me what Asmo did to the nations while I was gone..."M/n sighs, slumping against the seat he took once more, this is when Focalors takes notice of the throne that wasn't there at first.
"Uh, your grace. Though you're having a very deep realization at the moment, where–"Focalors points at the seat with much confusion.
"Did that throne come from?"

"Wait this wasn't here when you brought me?"

"No, it wasn't here until you sat down.."M/n springs up and rushes to Focalors side to get a better look. It was a rich black chair with white cushions, it was adorned in obsidian, white diamonds, and a familiar star-sparkled pattern. They stare at the chair for a bit more before a hand pushes out of the large Obsidian headpost and lands on the armrest then the next does. Soon the upper torso came out, followed by the rest of their body. M/n and Focalors could only stare in abject disbelief as the stranger stood before them.

 M/n and Focalors could only stare in abject disbelief as the stranger stood before them

"Greetings, your grace. Your presence is greatly missed by your other companions. So much so that Fontaine has launched a large-scale search for you and the other two."Their voice was monotonous but still held an ounce of life.
"Uh, who are you?"

"Ah! Apologies, my name is Niels. Your newly appointed assistant, an abyssal bishop sent by Lord Aether to see if you fell somewhere they could not reach. In which you did, you and the other two."Niels kneels and waits for M/n to give him a command.
"How much time has passed since we got here?"

"Your grace it's been three hours since you, Sir Tartaglia, and Zhongli vanished under the waves."

"Oh no...Uh! Focalors, whatever you think is going to happen I'm going to help change everything while helping deceive whoever you need. We'll speak again, that much I promise."

"Be careful, your grace."